Director, Human Resources - Mayfield Management Group Ltd. - Edmonton, AB
Mayfield Management Group Ltd. with 27 years in the industry and directly managing residential apartment and condominium properties with over 8000 doors, is a fully licensed, registered, and bonded Real Estate Brokerage specializing in Multi-Family, Condominium, and Asset Management.
The senior management team have strong core values and are passionate about delivering world class services to their clients. They care about their people, culture and making a difference in the World. Recently under new ownership, Mayfield Management, is striving towards a vision of significant growth, being a world class organization and being a leader in social responsibility. Mayfield's goal is to be the "Google" of Property Management by enriching the lives of their employees and by supporting the communities in which they operate.
With current operations primarily focused in Alberta, Mayfield Management is growing across Canada and is looking for key leaders to join their team in their expansion efforts. Mayfield Management Group operates under the following mission, vision, and values:
To be the undisputed number one service provider in the property management industry by continuously exceeding all our customers' expectations.
To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
Everything we do is guided by our values:
- Do What's Right with Integrity
- Deliver Results
- Get Things Done
- Continuously Improve
- Thought Leadership
- Energized Passion
For further information on Mayfield Management Group Ltd, please visit their website at www.mmgltd.com.
As the Director, Human Resources of Mayfield Management Group, you will directly report into the President & Chief Executive Officer. The successful individual will join the senior executive team and will be fully accountable to building the systems, processes, and policies to support substantial growth plans taking the organization to quadrupling its revenue over the next 3 - 5 years. Initially, this position will be a hands-on leadership and operational role with the intent to build the human resources team as required to meet growth goals. With a focus on hiring, training, and retaining exceptional talent within Mayfield Management Group, this position is viewed as a critical role to the organization's success.
- Demonstrate an understanding for the unique challenges and opportunities that internal and external clients come to you with and work towards solutions.
- A strong innovator, always striving to create new ideas for adding value to the internal and external client experience.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Create a team environment that is conducive to collaboration, team work, performance, integrity, and customer excellence.
- Display continuous communications by having open communications flowing in all directions.
General Human Resources
- Develop the strategic plan for human resources for a growing and progressive organization.
- Understand the current human resources plan, the available documentation and resources while identifying areas requiring attention and improvement.
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to understand their business needs and how to best support them creating success through their people.
- Create programs that will allow Mayfield Management to live its vision of being a "world leader in property management".
- Assess areas of risk and exposure; mitigate risk through policy development and in training leaders on the legalities within human resources.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements.
- Experienced in implementing a new HRIS system.
- Lead talent management initiatives including the development of a progressive performance management process, consistent and ongoing talent assessment, and succession planning.
- Provide coaching and resources to Employees and Supervisors with respect to policy and procedures, compensation, benefits, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations.
- Create a performance management process that incorporates career development plans and succession planning.
- Assess and evaluate current talent; creating learning and development plans to address areas for professional growth and/or re-structuring to place the right skill in the right roles.
- Develop, monitor, analyze, interpret, and report Human Resource metrics and trends internally and externally and make appropriate recommendations to capitalize on opportunities, mitigate risk and resolve issues.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
Recruitment, Onboarding & Offboarding
- Develop a recruitment, onboarding and offboarding plan; processes, and the supporting tools such as formalized offer letters, termination letters, exit interviews and feedback tools.
- Create a "world leader" brand and culture for talent acquisition and retention through progressive human resource programs; total compensation and rewards.
- Establish, guide, adapt, and monitor recruitment and selection processes that result in a top-quality client and candidate experience, securing an aligned and top talent team for the organization.
- Develop an on-boarding plan that guarantees all new employees receive a welcoming and informative onboarding experience, and that the program is relevant and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensures there are efficient procedures and documentation in place for both the leadership team and employees during the offboarding process.
Culture and Engagement
- Work with the President and CEO in cultural transformation and employee engagement.
- Create a culture of accountability, performance and one that that is guided by the organizational values.
Team Work and Commitment
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure collaboration with fellow team members.
- Be a change agent throughout the organization by embracing and supporting change initiatives.
- Pitch in and help other team members because you are a strong team player.
- Be committed and accountable in all aspects of the business.
- Be socially responsible as an individual and support the company's vision:
- To be a socially responsible world leader in property management.
FIRST YEAR - MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Fully integrates the values based performance management system throughout the organization which includes implementing clear accountabilities for every role.
- Develops a talent funnel for recruiting and attracting high quality employees for all roles in the organization.
- Leads the property management field structure transformation to an acquisition/retention focused salary based organizational structure.
- Implements a succession based planning model that clearly defines the A, B, C talent in the organization with detailed plans for each individual.
- Establishes a strong presence at all universities and colleges in the market area.
- Manages the current employee survey program recommending and implementing programs in order to achieve 90% satisfaction.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Mayfield Management Group and in supporting the success of the growth of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personality profile:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is desired.
- 5 + years operating as a Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Business Partner or management level with demonstrated leadership traits and qualities.
- Has knowledge of Human Resource strategies related to recruitment & selection, organizational development, rewards & compensation, performance management, compensation & benefits, employee relations and cultural transformation.
- Experience in HR Bamboo (HRIS) would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with federal and provincial employment standards and employment legislation.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees, leaders, and external partners.
- Ability to deal professionally with highly confidential information.
- Ability to influence the team while maintaining support for leadership decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and integrity in the workplace.
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and employees.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make impartial decisions without having all of the information.
- Ability to maintain a neutral stance while perceived conflict.
- Ability to deal with and lead change initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Confident, self-sufficient
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Strategic thinker
- Individual attributes that will support a successful candidate in this role:
- Passion to Be the Best
- Make a Difference
- A Born Leader
- Be a Teacher
- Be Performance Orientated
- Have a Global Vision
- Be a Continuous Learner
- Be Customer Centric
- Be Humble
- Be a Team Player
- Be Independent and Reliable
- Never be Satisfied
- Be a Multi Tasker
- Be a Problem Solver
- Have an Internal Fear of Failure
- Be a People Person
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Mayfield Management Group in the role of the Director, Human Resources, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # ANBC-808677.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.