Executive Director - Kids Up Front - Edmonton, AB
Kids Up Front Foundation (Edmonton) (KUF) was incorporated in July 2003 under the Societies Act (Alberta). KUF is part of a national body called Kids Up Front Canada that oversees 6 regions across the country. Since 2003, the Kids Up Front Foundation (Edmonton) has opened over 470,000 doors for children, youth and families with financial and/or social barriers by gifting a variety of event tickets valued at over $13.5 M…tickets that otherwise would have gone unused.
A critical success factor of the Kids Up Front model of providing thousands of kids tickets and experiences, is the diverse network of 170 child-serving Agencies operating within the education, health and the community service sectors. Kids Up Front is highly regarded by these Agencies as our ticket experiences add immeasurable value to the child and family services sector within the Edmonton Capital Region.
Currently KUF has 3.5 full time equivalent staff positions and offers two programs. The core ticket donation program is called Tix for Kids. KUF also provides a 4-day Alberta travel experience called Kids on the Road.
KUF Board consists of 16 members, professionals giving back to our community. The board has five Board Committees including:
- Executive Committee
- Audit and Finance Committee
- Fundraising and Branding Committee (Denim and Dice sub -Committee)
- Program Committee
- HR Committee
Provide access to arts, culture, sports and recreation to kids who otherwise would not have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of young people, inspiring confidence and self -esteem.
By 2020 we will be recognized as one of our region’s most credible, trusted and relevant social experience providers as measured by sustainability, strong governance and community impact.
The Executive Director is accountable to the Kids Up Front Foundation (Edmonton) Board of Directors and is responsible for the business operations and achieving the objectives of the organization.
The successful individual will build a strong staff team to enhance the 15-year history of successes through consulting and seeking direction from the Board and engaging them in the work to be done to sustain the organization.
The successful individual will also build relationships with KUF’s various stakeholders including ticket donors, event sponsors and agency partners while growing awareness of the program to increase the event ticket donations and funds to support the program. As well, the Executive Director will manage KUF’s major annual fundraising event in September called Denim and Dice.
A communications and fund development strategy is currently being developed and a new national ticket management system has been procured, including a customer relationship management system and will be implemented in 2018 to better position the business into the future.
Maintain the Integrity of the KUF Programs
Tix for Kids (Program):
- Ensure policies and procedures for the ticket process are reviewed and updated.
- Monitor agency activities to determine level of understanding of KUF policies and procedures and provide the training and
- materials required to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the number of active agency agreements reaches as many youth and children, facing financial and/or social barriers in the community, as possible.
- Work with agency partners to capture “stories” of the impact on youth to reinforce the value of the ticket donation program to the public and donors.
- Ensure the accuracy of the agency and donor data in the database to effectively operate the program.
- Review and analyze ticket distribution data to identify risks and opportunities.
- Maintain communication with donors to encourage both ticket and financial donations.
- Ensure Individual and corporate donors understand the program and the requirements for Canada Revenue Agency compliant tax receipting.
- Build relationships with event providers to increase the number of valued experiences available for youth.
- Ensure all donors receive appreciation for their donations on a regular basis.
- Ensure the privacy of personal information collected from donors.
Kids on the Road:
- Ensure Kids on the Road Program remains current and viable.
- Coordinate gaming events and comply with Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission policies.
- Build upon the strategic partnerships for the delivery of the Kids on the Road Program to ensure the program adds value.
- Monitor the travel service provider to ensure fair pricing and delivery of the experiences valued by the partners and the youth.
- Support the development of the annual board and staff Strategic Planning session.
- Prepare the environmental scan including risk assessments and opportunities for growth.
- Recruit a board approved facilitator to guide the planning session and prepare the materials required.
- Complete the documentation of the strategic directions, goals and strategies for the three-year window and prepare the annual fiscal budget (includes ticket revenues, cash revenues and expenses).
- Develop and report on performance measures as part of the strategic plan.
- Prepare Performance Contracts aligning with the Strategic plan for all staff and report on progress quarterly.
- Oversee the Annual Audit and implement recommendations.
- Support and engage the Board Committees.
Financial Growth and Business Sustainability.
- Ensure the organization’s policies and procedures are reviewed and updated.
- Ensure the ticket management system is operating effectively to track and manage ticket and cash donations and respective donors.
- Responsible for all financial record keeping and reporting with monthly reviews and sign-offs.
- Ensure a communications strategy is in place and implemented to grow awareness and support the fund development opportunities.
- Ensure a fund development strategy is in place to grow event ticket and cash revenues to sustain the business. Includes; grants, fundraising events, and donation programs.
- Share ideas and work closely with other KUF regions to drive efficiencies and grow national funding opportunities.
- Promote community and national awareness of the organization’s mission and purpose through networking and community relations and work with key external stakeholders.
- Seek out speaking opportunities to create awareness in the community and generate revenues.
- Develop the volunteer base to support the operation and expand reach.
- Provide event management for the Denim and Dice.
- Hire, train, inspire and coach team members and volunteers.
- Ensures the team has sufficient skills and experience to meet objectives.
- Provides performance management and completes regular reviews.
- Ensure knowledge transfer and retention in the team.
- Manage succession and career development
FIRST YEAR - MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Successful migration to a new ticket management system with opportunities for added efficiencies in the transactional aspect of the ticket distribution process
- Successful Denim and Dice fundraising event
- Implementation of the Communications Initiative
- Increased engagement of the Board Committees
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Kids Up Front in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and leadership profile:
- Post-secondary education with a diploma or degree in business management, marketing or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a business environment working with stakeholders and strategic partnerships; with 3 years’ operating at a leadership level having managed staff;
- Experience working with a not for profit organization with a volunteer board.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Experience leading and managing teams.
- Knowledgeable of current fund development and marketing and communications strategies;
- Organization and attention to detail;
- Ability to problem solve and find innovative solutions;
- Experience and understanding of strategic planning;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with a demonstrated ability to build strong trusting relationships with all stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively communicate with board members and employees;
- Event /project management skills;
- Computer literate (Microsoft office, SharePoint, databases, social media).
- Passionate about strong customer service
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Idea person committed to continuous improvement
- Team player
- Adaptable to change
- Genuinely cares about the people and the community KUF serves
Compensation package to be negotiated with successful candidate based on experience.
Edmonton – 11810 Kingsway - Edmonton, Alberta
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Kids Up Front Foundation (Edmonton) in the role of the Executive Director, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID# AMOK-565802.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.