Team Lead, People Services – SureHire Occupational Testing – Edmonton, AB
SureHire Occupational Testing started operation in Edmonton in 2004. Their Founders, Physiotherapists in profession, recognized the high volume of injured employees that were seeking treatment. They believed there to be an opportunity to create preventative solutions to avoid an injured workforce. With this vision, they founded SureHire Occupational Testing which has grown from one to nine locations across Alberta and has created national partnerships to service its customers across Canada.
SureHire offers the full spectrum of occupational testing services. This includes Fitness to Work, Drug & Alcohol, Audiometric, Lung Health and some specialized testing services. SureHire uses its national exclusive testing network to offer standardized testing to organizations across many industries. These services, combined with the fastest and easiest to use results and booking system in the industry, allow SureHire's clients to get the full picture of their workforce.
For further information on the SureHire, please visit their website at www.surehire.ca.
The Team Lead, People Services will report to the Director, People Services & Strategy and is responsible for all human resources activity within the organization. The successful individual will be responsible for setting the human resource goals and aligning them with the corporate strategy of SureHire Occupational Testing. This individual will be responsible for managing a team of three (3) people including a Payroll & Benefits Administrator, a People Services Advisor, and a Coordinator. The Team Lead, People Services will have overall responsibility for recruitment, employee relations, performance management, an employee feedback survey, employee engagement, compensation and benefits, human resource analysis and reporting, and training and development. While this position is at a leadership level, the individual must be willing to operate at a “hands on” level.
- Facilitate weekly one-on-one team member meetings and monthly department meetings
- Lead the execution of People Services strategic goals
- Attend and contribute to weekly leadership meetings; reporting on People Services KPI’s
- Provide coaching and resources to Employees and Supervisors with respect to policy and procedure, compensation, and benefits, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations
- Review required paperwork regarding any changes to employment terms, providing details to the Administrator, People Services
- Deliver applicable People Services related training to SureHire team (ie. Supervisor PDP training)
- Draft applicable performance management and employee communication documentation
- Manage People Services related projects; participating in or delegating to team members and overseeing (i.e. onboarding, new selection tools, Corporate office moves, etc.)
- Recruitment & Selection of senior roles
- Bi-weekly payroll review and reporting
- Facilitate annual initiatives
- Performance and compensation review process
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Management of group benefit plan
- Additional duties and tasks when assigned
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Create a competency framework that will provide employees with a development program and will support management in performance review conversations and in development of their team.
- Develop an HR reporting tool that will provide the organization and leadership with a snapshot of the current state of human resources within the organization such as turnover rates, number of open roles etc.
- Review the current compensation structure to ensure it is still valid and current to the market; and Review the current performance management system and revise it to a quarterly review process; aligning pay for performance compensation plans to it.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the SureHire and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is desired
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in a human resources capacity
- Minimum 3 years’ supporting an organization or business unit with employee relations issues
- Supporting and advising on payroll related inquiries related to employment standards and best practices; and
- Supervising a small team considered an asset
Competencies and Knowledge
- Has knowledge of Human Resource strategies related to recruitment & selection, payroll, organizational development, rewards & compensation, performance management, and compensation & benefits
- Knowledgeable and familiar with federal and provincial employment standards and employment legislation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and ethical workplace behavior
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and employees
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make impartial decisions without having all information
- Ability to maintain a neutral stance in the midst of conflict
- Ability to deal well with change and open to suggestions
- Ability to deal with conflict and establish a cooperative environment; and
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Passionate about strong customer service
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Team player
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join SureHire Occupational Testing in the role of the Team Lead, People Services, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # ATPE-104768.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.