The Regina Exhibition Association, branded currently under its corporate sponsor, Evraz Place, was established in 1884 as the Assiniboia Agricultural Association. The organization’s first fall fair brought together 150 community-minded individuals to exchange goods, information, and experiences. The two-day event was held near today’s Victoria Park and came just two years before the coming of the railway. Today, the Regina Exhibition Association brings over 137 years of history, fun and learning to the Regina community in continuing with its tradition and more.
The Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) is the not-for-profit corporation that operates the 100-acre property that is home to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Regina Pats, and the Regina Soccer Association. REAL operates all facilities on site which are owned by the City of Regina including Mosaic Stadium, Brandt Centre and 6 recreational hockey rinks. REAL engages with the community through its 700 annual events to which the property hosts including concerts, trade shows, conferences and REAL’s signature events including Canada’s Farm Show, Queen City Ex, Canadian Western Agribition and soon to come, a winter-themed festival.
Situated in the heart of Regina, the REAL property is the largest interconnected event complex in Canada and the centre of sport, business, and entertainment for the community.
REAL’s vision, mission and values are:
To be the heart of our city and province, a place where people come to live, work and play.
To deliver exceptional experiences and foster meaningful memories that make our community a better place.
- Be original.We think outside the box, constantly challenge the status quo and welcome ideas for improvement.
- Be a host.We treat everyone as if they were a guest invited into our home and we do so with the highest level of hospitality.
- Be inclusive.We welcome everyone and treat all others how we would like to be treated.
- Be proud.We showcase how honoured we are to represent our history, our organization and to be a valued member of the REAL family.
- Be resilient.We willingly adapt to change and never give up.
- Be smart.We strategically and thoughtfully manage our business and plan for the future.
- Always own it.We hold ourselves and other accountable for delivering on promises.
For more information on REAL please visit their website at www.evrazplace.com.