Kemway Builders Inc. has been operating within the Edmonton market since 1990. A leader within the construction industry and operating as a General Contractor, our client takes pride in being a design builder that focuses on sustainable construction. Traditionally, the business has operated in the markets of commercial, light industrial and tenant improvements. With aggressive growth plans and a desire to be a leader in lean and green construction, our client looks to its team for creativity and ingenuity in leading the way towards its growth goals.
Kemway has built its business based on recognizing that success is achieved when everyone works together as a team. With a reputation for integrity and quality, they have been in steady growth for the past two decades and have been recognized for this contribution by being the recipient of the 2015 and 2016 Contractor of the Year Award. They have built their business based on the values and culture of team work, collaboration, transparency, integrity, excellence, professionalism and delivering results. Maintaining this culture through its growth initiatives is at the forefront of the business.
For more information please visit http://kemway.com
The Business Development Manager is a new position within Kemway and will report into the Chief Operating Officer. The core functions of this role will include collaboration with Senior Management in the creation of a sales strategy; promoting the brand; identifying key target markets, developing business, working alongside the COO to create sales performance metrics; and building strong relationships with potential clients and influencers in market. You will be involved in developing marketing plans to support your sales efforts; as well as estimation of projects. As Kemway is a lean and nimble organization, the culture is to support the business in any area when necessary; aligning to the team and results focus.
At Kemway the customer experience is paramount to success and with that, this position maintains excellent communication, relationships between all parties, adheres to organizational policies, and maintains a strong commitment to Kemway’s safety program. The Business Development Manager represents and promotes the company and its core values with honesty and integrity.
Business Development & Customer Relationship Management (70%)
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive officer to develop strategies to grow the business;
- Work alongside the COO to identify key markets and influencers for business development efforts;
- Build and execute on sales strategies for market penetration;
- Sell the overall company services including commercial construction, tenant leasehold improvements, and new services introduced by the organization;
- Develop strong customer relations with intent to gain customer intelligence on their needs, customer retention and to increase sales
- Your time will be spent aligning yourself with influencers in market such as architects and commercial realtors; alongside branding, marketing and developing relationships with the end customer;
- Most business development activity will occur in the Edmonton and surrounding area; however, opportunity may exist to expand business outside of the local market with expectation that this individual will be the lead in it.
Marketing & Branding (10%)
- Partner with the COO in development of a marketing strategy for Kemway;
- Identify branding opportunities to bring Kemway into a more recognized position in market;
- Lead the digital marketing strategy including but not limited to social media strategies;
- Plan strategies for industry tradeshows and events;
- Synchronize marketing with the sales strategies.
RFP & Bid Management (10%)
- Oversee and have full accountability for the RFP and bid process;
- Monitor tender opportunities; electronic, public and private postings;
- Manage the tender process including contract and tender preparation in collaboration, as needed, with the senior leadership team including managing the technical and commercial terms;
- Enlist others as required to support the bid process and to gather information as needed to create a high-performance bid package;
- Responsible for the overall communication within the bid package ensuring all grammar, spelling and communication is at a level of sophistication for professional representation;
- Collaboration with operational managers in respect to capacity, opportunity, and contract performance results for both sales and bid management purposes.
- Provide general estimates for sales discussions with detailed estimates being completed by Estimation team closer to sales finalization stage;
- Assist with any operational need when requested and as needed;
- Must have a team mindset being willing to do whatever is necessary to bring the organization forward to its commitments and plans – roles are guidelines with teamwork being a priority.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Development of a business development strategy with demonstrated success in executing on it;
- Develop metrics, alongside the COO, and effectively meet the KPI’s;
- Achievement of the revenue and new business development target created upon start;
- Be a team player and work alongside the business moving it forward with marketing and operational requirements as needed.
Given the importance of this role and its impact in achieving the strategic objectives of Kemway Builders, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post secondary education in Business or a related diploma/degree would be ideal;
- Education or courses focused on commercial construction estimation would be valuable.
- 5 or more years of sales experience with the ideal candidate having a background related to construction or having experience selling into architects, commercial realtors and other related client groups;
- Comfort in cold calling and driving new business development;
- Sales aptitude that understands the strength and value in relationship selling versus transactional selling;
- Experienced in attending networking events and trade shows;
- Knowledge and experience in building sales strategies;
- A proven record of accomplishment in driving towards results;
- Basic MS Word and Excel experience.
- Highly motivated and self-driven;
- A continuous improvement mindset where you like to challenge the status quo;
- The ability to think critically with excellence in problem solving;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- A team player that thinks “we” vs. “I” and takes pride in moving initiatives forward as a team;
- Cost management conscious;
- A skilled negotiator;
- Operates with high integrity, a strong work ethic and with care;
- An individual who believes they “can” when others believe they “can’t” – will step up to the challenge to “happily deliver the perceived impossible”!
- Can be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment where diverse business requirements may occur.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Kemway Builders Inc. in the role of the Business Development Manager, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ALTU-086425.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *