Sugarlash PRO was founded by internationally acclaimed, award winning lash artist Courtney Buhler, when her vision for the eyelash extension industry went beyond owning her own successful lash lounge in Edmonton, Canada. Courtney decided to take all her years of experience, knowledge and trade secrets, and partner with others in the industry to share them with the world while elevating the industry’s reputation. Sugarlash PRO lashes have been featured in VOGUE, Harpers Bazaar, Byrdie, Allure, Cosmopolitan and more. Their lashes have been on models around the world and in prestigious Fashion Weeks, editorial magazines, and inspired other women through public speaking and appearances around the world.
Sugarlash PRO is committed to sourcing ethical and innovative products for eyelash applications. Whether they are visiting their factories in person around the globe to ensure safe working conditions and certified wages or delving into the testing of ingredients – they aim to keep their lash products safe, sustainable, and ethical. Sugarlash PRO distributes their lashes, adhesives, and accessory items through e-commerce to Lash Stylists around the World, to Students who attend their LashPRO Academy and to Partner Academies.
They believe in sisterhood and building a community of elite lash artists around the globe. Their educational focus is driving each of their students to dream bigger, work smarter, and find success creating stunning lash sets. They push the status quo and partner with those wanting to evolve and drive the lash movement forward.
To learn more about our client, Sugarlash PRO, please visit their website at www.sugarlashpro.ca.
As the Chief Supply Chain Officer (CSCO) you will report into the President and be a key member of the Executive team. You will lead a team of 10 people including 2 direct reports and 8 indirect. This is an exciting opportunity as it is a new role within the organization. The successful candidate will have responsibility for providing strategic leadership and operational accountability to build and develop an effective and efficient supply chain that allows for continued growth within the Global market. You will have full oversight over purchasing, contract management, warehousing, inventory management, transportation, logistics, and order fulfillment. You will work closely with the Chief Product Officer integrating new product selection and vendors within the supply chain processes. While this is a leadership role, you will be joining an entrepreneurial company that is growing, with a requirement to be flexible in lifting strategically and being hands-on in the business.
If you are an individual that is driven to look at each challenge that comes to light, as an opportunity; you have a proven ability to bring and implement best-in-class business practices, always asking the question “is there a better way?”, then this is an incredible opportunity for you. You will teach Sugarlash PRO about efficient and effective Supply Chain Management and share your wealth of expertise. You will help them create timely and accurate order fulfillment during accelerated growth. You will hire, lead, and develop a team of supply chain professionals taking them to the next level in their careers. You will always be exploring new models of business, distribution, inventory management, and logistics analyzing if there are more effective ways to achieve growth in revenue while exceeding customer expectations in order fulfillment.
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who has solid experience building and growing a supply chain function within the beauty, production, manufacturing and/or consumer package goods industry. You will have well established skills and experience within a production and/or manufacturing and distribution supply chain environment understanding the importance of each operational link in the chain. You enjoy wearing many hats, building processes, and taking a supply chain to the next level within an entrepreneurial environment.
Vision and Strategy
- Develop the supply chain strategy and processes to support the Sugarlash PRO vision and growth plans.
- Analyze the current supply chain operations and provide innovative solutions to supply chain operations for greater efficiencies with the goal of exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Be a key member of the executive team in driving the business forward by leading a best practice supply chain that supports and promotes global growth and expansion.
- Have a solid understanding of the financials and the impact that supply chain has on revenue, product costing and margins.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Create a team environment that supports transparent communication and ownership of responsibility.
- A strong innovator, always striving to create new ideas for adding value to the internal and external client experience.
- Demonstrate continuous communication by encouraging open communication that flows in all directions.
- Provide guidance and support while empowering the team to be innovative using their expertise and knowledge to make decisions.
- Hire, train, and mentor a team with the goal to bring the best out in each person and to help them in achieving their career goals and aspirations.
Supply Chain Operations
- Work with the Chief Product Officer to source key suppliers that are strategically aligned and will provide the best product, at the best price, at the right time.
- Oversee the qualifying of new suppliers and contract negotiations while maintaining the audit process for ongoing relationships.
- Determine landed costs for all products working with the CPO and CFO to set accurate product pricing and margins.
- Act as a key advisor to the Executive Team on material budgeting and planning.
- Oversight on inventory planning, forecasting, minimum order quantity, obsolete inventory strategy and re-order purchasing.
- Develop an efficient system for warehouse operations and distribution centers that is scalable and designed for rapid growth.
- Gauge the effectiveness of existing logistic partners and identify ongoing opportunities to increase efficiencies.
- Research, secure and manage relationships with global shipping partners based on quality, level of service, competitive pricing, and the ability to scale based on growing needs.
- Build out best practices in the areas of shipping and receiving, warehouse management design, infrastructure to optimize space, and service level performance.
- Evaluate, recommend, and support improved IT tools in warehousing and shipping to drive operational effectiveness.
- Work closely with the customer service team on cross functional improvement initiatives to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment and cost-effective transport and delivery; implement and manage fulfillment and inventory accuracy improvement programs to support business growth.
- Develop, manage and be accountable for the department budget.
- Fuel a team of motivated employees with an emphasis on coaching and personal development.
- Implement departmental and divisional performance metrics.
- Ensure the supply chain processes are supporting sound financial practices and operational efficiencies.
- Develop the supply chain budget with regular monitoring of actual expenditure against forecast and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for inventory assets and controls; annual count/cycle counting.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Create a strategic supply chain plan based on best-in-class supply chain and business processes that is scalable for growth.
- Review existing supply chain practices understanding what is working well and what gaps exist where improvement can be made.
- Understand product costs including landed cost to ensure pricing strategy is accurate and aligns to the growth and profitability goals of the company.
- Develop and implement a team training and succession plan ensuring you have the right people in the right seats.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of Sugarlash PRO, and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Supply Chain and/or equivalent work experience.
- SCMP, CPIM designation, or an equivalent supply chain designation would be ideal.
- Must have a valid Canadian passport with ability for international travel.
- 10 + years of experience in supply chain within consumer package goods, production, and or/ manufacturing with at least 5+ years at a leadership level.
- Experience in managing global supply chain networks and vendors. Vendors located in China, Korea, Vietnam, Germany, to name a few.
- A professional supply chain leader with an outstanding record of achievement. You have excelled in this type of work and have at least ten years of experience with warehousing, logistics, distribution, and inventory systems.
- Experience working with shipping and logistics providers in an e-commerce environment is an asset.
- Experience working with software systems, BrightPearl (inventory management system), ShipStation (shipping software) and Shopify Plus (sales forecasting/e-commerce platform) would be ideal.
- A proven record of successful budgeting and financial management.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation skills and exceptional relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese would be considered an asset.
- Takes ownership and responsibility of the supply chain including the wins and losses.
- A decision maker who leads the supply chain business teaching the executive and team on best practices and setting the direction for success.
- Exceptional communication skills keeping executive informed of key business decisions and information.
- Communicates with transparency, openness and is solution driven; realizing mistakes will happen, it is the solution that matters.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys wearing many hats and pivoting quickly.
- Enjoys the variation of strategic work and being tactical, hands-on.
- Self driven with a sense of urgency.
- Analytical with the ability to make expedient decisions moving the business forward quickly.
- Runs the business like it is their own, keeping the company’s best interest at the forefront.
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills. An ability to influence others and gain consensus. People like working with you!
- Analytical, agile, and able to drive change in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Superior strategic savvy combined with a willingness to be hands-on and in the midst of the action.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity combined with strong leadership abilities.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills, including a strong working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail; high standards for quality; and excellent time management.
- Commitment to personal growth and development in yourself and in your profession.
Post-covid, international travel will be required to vendors, partners, and growth locations. Travel locations may include Asia and Australia, and others as deemed necessary.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Sugarlash PRO is headquartered in Edmonton, AB with the ideal candidate residing or relocating into Edmonton. Sugarlash PRO is open to candidates who wish to reside outside of Edmonton, AB that will agree to working virtually and travelling to head office periodically to engage with their team and executive.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Sugarlash PRO in the role of Chief Supply Chain Officer, please email your resume to BeProfound@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # ADFW-556781.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *