Cellar was established in 2020, as the Co-Founders recognized the need for a unique technology to address the multiple facets of Direct to Consumer (DTC) solutions in the consumables industry. Based in the beautiful Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Cellar is an ecommerce start-up developing a powerful end-to-end platform for beverage and consumable producers of every size.
Cellar’s goal is to provide efficient and convenient means of meeting consumer needs and helping producers exceed their distribution and sales goals. Cellar is on track to becoming a game changer for service and delivery, providing ground-breaking advantages in DTC sales solutions.
Cellar is growing and is currently looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer. To join Cellar’s team as they build out this cutting-edge technology and to follow their journey, please visit their website at getcellar.co.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) plays a key role in the company’s future success. Reporting to the Co-Founder/President, the CTO will be responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the organization, providing creative technology road mapping, and embodying strong leadership. The CTO will ensure that all software systems undergo sufficient research, design, testing, implementation, and evaluation. Using effective communication and logical approaches, the CTO will liaise with Cellar’s outsourced software development team in order to attain strategic goals as well as work to build the internal talent needed to transition to a fully in-house team in the near term. The CTO will work directly with the Leadership team and the Board of Directors to ensure cohesion between business and technical goals.
- Your love of technology is insatiable to the point you think researching is fun. Constantly learning is your dream job.
- Work with the design team to help them achieve their vision with the resources available.
- Contribute to formulating the strategic direction and goals of the organization.
- Lead the development and execution of end-to-end proof of concept for leading edge software development and analytic focused systems.
- Inspire creativity and innovation through leadership.
- Foster collaboration, learning, and a shared vision.
- Conduct technical reviews of products and solutions to evaluate their applicability.
- Leverage pre-existing technologies in new applications and situations.
- Surface risk within sprints through effective team communication by developing a safe and trusting teamwork environment involving every team member you work with.
- Work with development team members to design and develop the software in a series of steps (sprints) involving documentation, data structures and processes to meet designated needs.
- Oversee development of the technology stack, lifecycle development, testing and deployment procedures.
- Integrate third party applications and fine-tune performance through development.
- Track, analyze, and monitor technological performance metrics.
- Effectively use statistical analysis methods.
- Collaborate with others to architect appropriate solutions of scale for future growth and expansion.
- Your mastery with technology can be expressed in layman’s terms in such a way that less technical people understand concepts and apply them in their own work.
- Attention to detail is critical. Cellar takes great pride in making sure every deliverable is 100 percent. You will help Cellar get better through your keen technical eye and upholding of coding standards daily.
- Ability to learn a new technical skill on the job and apply it professionally.
- Perform other related duties as required.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the state of the current software and create a road map to scale up development to achieve corporate goals.
- Develop metrics, alongside the President, and effectively meet KPI’s demonstrating platform progress and success to all key stakeholders of the business.
- Take the lead to understand the market, competitors, future technology, top talent and bring this insight forward to meet the strategic goals of the business.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years experience building software with ecommerce marketplaces.
- 3 + years experience leading agile driven software development.
- Recent related experience in a start-up innovative organization an asset.
- Experience with delivering software – unit testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
Competencies and Knowledge
- A driven individual who takes pride in leading technology and being accountable to organizational progress towards strategic goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Co-Founders, analysts, and other stakeholders to plan and accomplish goals and execute strategic plan.
- Takes initiative and has a high level of ambition, motivation, and passion.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and properly execute multiple simultaneous assignments under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Has experience with risk management and is able to identify and assess potential threats to systems and operations.
- Has a solid understanding of software-as-a-service (Saas) and how various cloud computing models are beneficial to end users.
- Maintains a positive “can do” outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure while dealing with stressful situations.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary agile driven team.
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Has a strong awareness of best practice development and scalability.
- Experience working in a start up innovative organization a strong asset.
- A strong communicator that keeps leadership, colleagues, and stakeholders informed.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, where you roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Self driven and motivated by seeing success through goal attainment and revenue results.
- Demonstrates GRIT pushing past obstacles with perseverance and persistence; no task is impossible.
- Must have a strong analytical mindset.
- Respectful of others.
- Self-organized and strongly believe in software quality.
- Ensures the highest quality by following and improving processes and standards, using automated unit tests, continuous integration, and similar tools.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to be strategic while also digging into the business at a tactical level.
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations.
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Highly accountable
- A team player.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
You will work virtually from a home-based office and must be available to travel to Edmonton, AB periodically for executive leadership meetings.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Cellar in the role of Chief Technology Officer, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# ATTH-048650.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *