Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and oil and gas industries. They are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of their clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. They deliver this through their technical capabilities, innovative approach, and their motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, their teams have expanded with approximately 23,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry. Applus+ is comprised of four divisions including Automotive, Energy & Industry, IDIADA, and Laboratories. With headquarters located in Spain, this global company offers a complete portfolio of solutions that address a range of needs, from asset integrity management to statutory compliance-based inspections in over 70 countries. Canadian head office operations are located in Edmonton and reach approximately 800 employees seasonally from coast to coast.
For more information on Applus+ please visit their website: https://www.applus.com/global/en/
Reporting to the Finance Director, Canada the main responsibility of this position is to provide Accounts Payable support in the reconciliation, review, and payment of vendor invoices. The successful candidate will manage the full accounts payable cycle from the receipt of invoices through to payment and reporting. The Accounts Payable Analyst works closely with the finance team to continuously evaluate best practices on internal processes and controls to achieve operational excellence.
- Monitors, reviews, reconciles, and processes invoices received for payment.
- Ensures all payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensures AP balance and Aging are closely monitored and fully supported.
- Cleans-up GRNI account and ensures no aged balances.
- Ensures payments are closely monitored to avoid double payments.
- Reviews and validates invoices before executing payments.
- Ensures all T&E (travel & expenses) claims are fully supported before processing the reimbursements.
- Establishes strong working relationships with team to define processes and responsibilities.
- Resolves any payment discrepancies including communicating with vendors as required.
- Ensures scheduled cheque runs are printed in an accurate and timely fashion including matching cheques to invoices for payments.
- Prepares month and year end reporting on outstanding invoices.
- Ensures all financial records accurate and maintained.
- Audits all documentation received including applicable signatures.
- Ensure all company policies are adhered to and departmental controls are maintained at all times.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Full understanding of the corporate accounts payable landscape.
- Ownership of accounts payable balance and aging to ensure accurate debt management.
- Vendor payments are disbursed accurately and timely, ensuring duplications do not occur.
- Corporate expenses are systematic and accurately reflected on company balance sheet.
- Certificate or Diploma in Business, Office Administration or Accounting from an accredited College or University.
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting, preferably Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable.
- Equivalent industry experience combined with other formal training and accreditations may be accepted.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of the organization. Exhibits positive behavior, honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Sound knowledge of standard Canadian Accounting Practices.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective and professional relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public.
- Adapt in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve including identifying issues and finding a resolution in a timely manner.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- Highly driven.
- Strong attention to detail and takes pride in accuracy.
- Analytical with problem solving skills
- Likes to “dive in” and focus on moving the business forward in an accurate and timely manner.
- Open to challenge and thrives in an environment that is solution focused.
- A team player that enjoys the complexities of a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong communicator that keeps leadership abreast of the details.
- Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Enjoys fast pace and change.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Applus+ in the role of the Accounts Payable Analyst, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AGTE-886527.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *