Little Warriors is a national, charitable organization based in Alberta which is focused on the awareness, prevention, and treatment of child sexual abuse. They also advocate on behalf of and with child sexual abuse survivors. Obtaining charitable status in January of 2007, Little Warriors has a team of dedicated volunteers and staff that have worked to create an action based charitable organization to bring awareness, offer prevention education and treatment for children who have experienced child sexual abuse.
The Little Warriors Be Brave Ranch by Ray LaBonte and Family, opened in 2014 and is a specialized, trauma-informed evidence-based, treatment centre focused on helping children who have been sexually abused, as well as their families. This program, for girls and boys from 8-12 years old and girls between the ages of 13 and 16, was designed with significant input from many leading academic and clinical experts who specialize in child sexual abuse. The Be Brave Ranch program helps children overcome the devastating effects of child sexual abuse and changes the trajectory of their lives. With the proper therapeutic interventions, child survivors of sexual abuse can become adults with strong mental health that supports a positive outlook on life and enables them to participate in life and accomplish their goals.
The name Little Warriors was inspired by a painting. The spirit of a warrior lives within every survivor of child sexual abuse. The imagery of a warrior is linked to child sexual abuse because victims need the strength and spirit of their inner warrior to face their experiences and heal. Like a warrior, these children also need the help, compassion, support, and love of many people (like a tribe), to overcome the many obstacles they will face.
Little Warriors is committed to:
Raise awareness and provide information about child sexual abuse.
Provide a treatment facility to help children cope with the devastating effects of child sexual abuse.
Provide child sexual abuse prevention strategies to adults through education.
To ensure the rights, needs and interests of children are respected and protected.
For further information on Little Warriors, please visit their website at www.littlewarriors.ca
Little Warriors is seeking a Major Gifts Coordinator that will report to the Senior Operations Director and is focused on major gift cultivation with a passion for fundraising and excellent communication in all mediums. As a member of the Little Warriors team, the Major Gifts Coordinator will partner with fund development, communications, and Little Warriors leadership to help create, execute, and evaluate all philanthropic strategies and fundraising activities with a donor-centric philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio in support of the mission and vision of Little Warriors.
The successful candidate will identify opportunity in market, cultivate, solicit, and steward corporations, individuals, legacy donors, and grant opportunities in support of Little Warriors. The Major Gifts Coordinator will be highly involved in bringing innovative ideas forward to create memorable events that connect the corporate community with the vision of Little Warriors resulting in donation support. The successful individual may also choose to develop and execute an individual donor program that will be inclusive of all individuals who want to donate; typically at lesser funding levels and with a larger donor base.
This is an external facing role that emphasizes donor cultivation, gift solicitation, potential grant writing to non-government agencies, and the management of casino fundraising opportunities. This position is a key driver in designing and executing short and long-term fundraising goals for the organization and tracking revenue and projections to ensure that goals are met.
- In collaboration with the fund development and leadership team of Little Warriors, support the development and implementation of fundraising plans including budgets, goals, strategies and timelines.
- Build and refine an extensive prospect list for major gifts, including national prospects and potential funders.
- Initiate and coordinate meetings with prospective donors, which may include key staff or
- Board members and facility tours of the Be Brave Ranch.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with assigned major gift donors, corporate partners, grant-making organizations and key stakeholders to increase retention and where appropriate increase levels of engagement.
- Maintain a streamlined system for donor, foundation, corporate and potential major gift donor records using in-depth understanding of databases, from the conceptual to the tactical.
- Effectively steward assigned major gift supporters and cultivate new potential sponsors and donors.
- Collaborate with fund development team, management, and Board for strategy development.
- Construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- Help enhance and refine organizational fund development reporting, metrics and database utilization and structure.
- Implement a strategy, set priorities, manage multiple projects, and work effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals as required.
- Attend third party events as required for strategic development.
- Support other organizational initiatives, projects, programs, and opportunities as assigned.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Contribute to the creation of an enhanced sponsorship and philanthropic strategy for Little Warriors in collaboration with leadership team.
- Establish and solidify relationships with long-term donors to generate sustainable funding.
- Establish programs that connect Little Warriors and the Community including corporate and individual donors.
- Meet fund development goals established at the onset of the year.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in Business or a related field would be ideal but not necessary.
- A Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) and/or Alberta Fundraising Professional (AFP) designation would be an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of professional experience in non-profit or charitable organizations and/or experience in business to business sales with excitement to bring their skill and connections into not for profit.
- Demonstrated success in a development function, managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time. Proven ability to build and manage donor and prospect connections with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising, with five or more years of experience in securing major gifts.
- Experience securing sponsorships, working with fundraising campaigns, and increasing donor giving levels over time.
- Experience with annual campaigns and events an asset.
- Stewardship and solicitation of individual donors, foundation and corporate sponsor development and potential donor research.
- A successful track record in implementing strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects, and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals is required.
- Experience of utilizing the strength of an organization brand for charity/business development.
- Proven track record of meeting challenging revenue targets.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Successful, significant, and relevant achievement at management level in a comparable national/international organization an asset.
- Experience with donor database systems.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Strong, demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, convincing and persuasive with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently.
- High energy and passion for Little Warriors mission is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to discretion, confidentiality, and compassionate sensitivity in dealing with stakeholders and relationship development.
- Track record of bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organization and/ or its services.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude and energy
- Leads by example
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Sherwood Park, Alberta
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Little Warriors in the role of Major Gifts Coordinator, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID # AGYK-836317.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *