The Regina Exhibition Association, branded currently under its corporate sponsor, Evraz Place, was established in 1884 as the Assiniboia Agricultural Association. The organization’s first fall fair brought together 150 community-minded individuals to exchange goods, information, and experiences. The two-day event was held near today’s Victoria Park and came just two years before the coming of the railway. Today, the Regina Exhibition Association brings over 137 years of history, fun and learning to the Regina community in continuing with its tradition and more.
The Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) is the not-for-profit corporation that operates the 100-acre property that is home to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Regina Pats, and the Regina Soccer Association. REAL operates all facilities on site which are owned by the City of Regina including Mosaic Stadium, Brandt Centre and 6 recreational hockey rinks. REAL engages with the community through its 700 annual events to which the property hosts including concerts, trade shows, conferences and REAL’s signature events including Canada’s Farm Show, Queen City Ex, Canadian Western Agribition and soon to come, a winter-themed festival.
Situated in the heart of Regina, the REAL property is the largest interconnected event complex in Canada and the centre of sport, business, and entertainment for the community.
REAL’s vision, mission and values are:
To be the heart of our city and province, a place where people come to live, work and play.
To deliver exceptional experiences and foster meaningful memories that make our community a better place.
- Be original. We think outside the box, constantly challenge the status quo and welcome ideas for improvement.
- Be a host. We treat everyone as if they were a guest invited into our home and we do so with the highest level of hospitality.
- Be inclusive. We welcome everyone and treat all others how we would like to be treated.
- Be proud. We showcase how honoured we are to represent our history, our organization and to be a valued member of the REAL family.
- Be resilient. We willingly adapt to change and never give up.
- Be smart. We strategically and thoughtfully manage our business and plan for the future.
- Always own it. We hold ourselves and other accountable for delivering on promises.
For more information on REAL please visit their website at www.evrazplace.com.
The Manager, Marketing has a primary focus to generate brand awareness for REAL by planning, leading, and implementing marketing strategies, market research and marketing project management for the team. Leading the development, implementation and measurement of marketing plans and associated materials this position will propel REAL towards increased revenue, heightened brand recognition and exceptional customer service results.
Reporting to the Director, Sales & Marketing, this position assists the product teams in the creation of sound marketing plans, manages the organization’s advertising and promotional campaigns, oversees marketing research, monitors market trends, and tracks and reports on the departmental metrics and results. The Manager, Marketing builds and manages an effective team and works collaboratively with other REAL departments, suppliers, and partners to achieve the organization’s goals.
Vision & Strategy
- Develop, implement, and manage the business unit’s goals and objectives to achieve short to medium term operational results of the department.
- Develop, implement, and monitor business unit critical success factors and key performance indicators.
- Develop and implement the business unit policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and consistency.
- Monitor and analyze operational trends and stay updated on the latest trends, equipment, products, regulations, and processes related to effective & efficient marketing and promotional services to capitalize on opportunities and make recommendations for change if needed.
- Create and implement workplace safety plans and training designed to identify and mitigate safety hazards for staff and ensure that they are corrected in a timely manner.
- Lead Marketing meetings to make key decisions on how to deliver on the various strategic initiatives and services provided by the unit.
- Collaborate with peers and internal client groups to ensure the execution of events and service delivery by Marketing and its team.
- Translate strategic plans into operational plans and determine how the elements of the strategy will be achieved.
- Continuously evaluate the resource utilization and availability within the Marketing team to identify and forecast potential resource deficit or surplus and implement plans to address identified gaps.
Event, Entertainment & Recreational Support
- Manage the creative development process by developing service standards/timelines and approve creative execution to ensure consistency with brand standards.
- Participate and lead the development of a consistent brand promise which is evident in all marketing materials and activities.
- Lead Marketing initiatives for REAL to promote and support all REAL events and offerings.
- Lead the team of marketing professionals in the development, delivery and evaluation of integrated marketing initiatives which support the work of REAL’s internal programming and event departments.
- Undertake and analyze market research to understand audiences and apply that research to ensure marketing and promotional efforts are effective in reaching intended audiences and driving desired results.
- Partner with the department’s Communications resources and strategies to oversee all promotional activity by directing message development, creative design, ad placement, and the overall coordination of promotional channels and messaging.
- Maintain and update the Marketing systems and processes to ensure accuracy, quality, and consistency of output.
- Work closely with customer service groups to understand and identify marketing requirements and oversee the production of marketing collateral.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports and statistical data related to marketing campaigns and performance.
- Create marketing opportunities to increase traffic and sales while increasing overall customer engagement and awareness of REAL and its offerings.
- Monitor and act upon market trends to make recommendations on brand positioning and promotional activity to drive results for REAL.
- Plan, organize, schedule, direct and motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance for the Marketing services, processes, and systems.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, and recommend suppliers and external partners, and manage these relationships.
- Share in the off-hours/during event relationship management of clients, stakeholders, etc. within the department.
- Contribute to the development of the department’s annual budget (capital and financial), with responsibility for monitoring quarterly financial statements and forecasting/implementing appropriate expenditure controls to manage costs.
- Periodically review invoicing to ensure all inputs are reported and invoices are submitted in a timely manner to clients.
- Ensure outstanding receivables are followed up on once advised by Finance of any delinquency.
- Recommend changes in direction or priorities during the business year; provide direction for necessary modifications to the business plan or operating budgets as required during the fiscal year.
- Hire, train, and promote, holiday & vacation scheduling, dismissals, discipline, and compensation reviews for all direct reports.
- Provide written & verbal performance evaluations; advice, guidance, direction, and authorization for direct reports to carry out plans & procedures consistent with established policies.
- Monitor staff engagement levels and ensure ongoing improvement to facilitate productivity, retention, and high morale.
- Identify potential gaps in talent in the business unit and initiate short/long term strategies to ensure ongoing qualified personnel are being recruited and developed for sustainable corporate growth.
- Ensure the corporate values / standards of business conduct / human resource philosophy is understood, embraced and implemented throughout the team; and personally, demonstrate them in daily interactions and relationships.
- Regularly evaluate and analyze current and projected capacity in the business unit and confer with direct reports for any re-allocation of personnel to assist in event ramp-ups, ramp-downs, priority scheduling, and support service demands.
- Performs other duties on an as and when required basis.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- REAL is undergoing a re-brand, a naming rights change and a hierarchical branding strategy development with over 30 sub-brands to the business. The successful candidate will work alongside to support and navigate this change successfully.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for event planning to allow for ease of event execution.
- Execute successfully on events meeting deadlines and supporting both internal and external stakeholders.
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships within the team and among departments.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required. A combination of related education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of direct marketing experience, with preference given to candidates with an additional 2+ years of experience in a management level position with demonstrated experience in successfully building, coaching, and motivating high performing teams while holding employees accountable.
- Knowledge of integrated marketing/promotional campaigns with experience leading content and creative execution which aligns with brand standards.
- Experience analyzing market research for the development of marketing strategies.
- Experience using traditional and digital marketing channels and their uses for reaching various audience segments.
- Experience managing within budgets, forecasting expenditures, and calculating ROI on marketing initiatives required.
- Sales experience and experience in the tourism/hospitality, sporting, or events and entertainment industries is preferred.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Knowledge of marketing and communications principles.
- Strong relationship management, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization and partner organizations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas when summarizing complex issues.
- Creativity in the development of marketing concepts and strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with key clients.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills including demonstrated experience in writing business documentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency for managing multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Strong time-management skills and a proven track record of delivering quality results, with attention to details.
- Computer proficiency required including advanced Excel, Word, Outlook, and various marketing platforms.
- Independent, creative self-starter with the ability to initiate and adapt to new ideas.
- The successful candidate must also possess and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (CRC)
Health & Safety
Rights: All Regina Exhibition Association Limited employees have the right to information on potential hazards in the workplace; the right to participate in Occupational Health and Safety decisions; and the right to refuse unusually dangerous work.
Responsibilities: All employees must co-operate with the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee; remain alert to changes or events that might affect customer and employee safety; report safety issues, accidents, or injuries immediately; follow safe work practices; and use their training and knowledge to help other employees work safely as well.
Managers/Supervisors/Leads are ultimately responsible for providing a safe and healthy workplace, and so must make the health and safety of all workers a priority. Related responsibilities include:
- ensuring workers and supervisors have the information, training, supervision, and experience to do their jobs safely,
- ensuring that workplace injury/incident reporting is completed in a timely manner,
- supporting the OH&S Committee by involving the Committee in health and safety activities,
- encouraging Committee participation, and allocating time and resources,
- actively measuring and working to improve the health and safety performance of their area; and implementing safety policies and standards.
- Team player
- High level of energy
- Strong interdependency among internal teams
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity
- Highly accountable
- Displays ethical leadership
- Enjoys change and leading others through it
- Respectful of others
- Positive attitude
- Leads by example
- Strategic and operational performer
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations
- Exhibits sound judgment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate. Relocation allowance will be provided to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join the Regina Exhibition Association Ltd. in the role of Manager, Marketing, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID #AWBC-177822.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *