Job ID 665
MARKETING PRODUCT MANAGER, GLASS
ProFound Talent Inc. is proud to be working with our client, All Weather Windows. Having started with a 9-person operation and a 10, 000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in 1978, they have grown to a national operation with over 1000 employees and awarded as a “Best Managed Company” for the past 10 years reaching platinum level in excellence. With their headquarters in Edmonton, All Weather Windows Ltd. (AWW) is a dynamic leader in the window and door industry in Canada. Operations include two manufacturing plants located in Edmonton with Customer Solution Centres in Langley, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge, Saskatoon, Regina, and Winnipeg.
In 2008, All Weather Windows Commercial Ltd. (AWWC) was created to service its growth in large-scale commercial clients. Specializing in commercial glazing solutions, All Weather Windows Commercial provides a wide variety of products for high rises, commercial, retail store fronts, multi-unit residential structures, hospitality, industrial and more. The Commercial Division installs window systems into Commercial properties as a subcontractor to both general contractors and property developers.
In 2015 All Weather Windows purchased Canadian Insulated Glass (CIG) and re-branded as All Weather Windows Glass which manufactures a wide range of specialty glass products for residential and commercial applications.
Why work with All Weather Windows?
Opportunity: AWW is a growing company, taking on bigger projects and creating opportunities for their employees. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies you can be assured that you are joining a stable employer that will be around for years to come.
Safety: All Weather Windows has obtained a Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the Workers’ Compensation Board in all their locations and safety is their #1 priority.
Respect: They are committed to providing a positive and enjoyable workplace. Whether you are working in the office, shop or the field, you can expect to be treated with respect and dignity.
Community: At All Weather Windows, their vision is to improve the lives of families, one family at a time. They are about empowerment. They want to set individuals up for long term success by providing assistance to health and wellness initiatives, supporting students in their career specific studies, helping children and families below the poverty line, and by devoting time to aid in the construction of shelter for those in need. They have looked to their incredible community for support when they started and now it is their privilege to offer a helping hand.
Growth: All Weather Windows is continuing to grow and make change to thrive and be a leader in the Canadian market. With this comes opportunity to operate at a strategic level, to be involved in decisions and to be a part of the growth and build of the organization.
AWW is expanding its marketing team in Edmonton, AB with the addition of a new role, the Marketing Product Manager – Glass. This position will report into the Director, Marketing & Customer Experience and will be responsible for understanding the current offering and target audience, identifying market opportunity, and influencing leadership and executive on where investment dollars should be allocated for future. The successful individual will be responsible for researching the market, identifying new target audiences, creating the value proposition, educating the internal (sales, operations and executive) and external market on the need and products, assisting the Director with the pricing strategy, financial analysis of the viability of the product, and working alongside supply chain, operations and installation on systems to support the product expansion and growth.
The culture and leadership style within the marketing team is one of passion, creativity and flexibility. The marketing team is a very passionate team who care a lot about AWW and their impact to the organization. The team operates in a flexible work environment recognizing that this promotes creativity, commitment and excitement to their initiatives. While they may be busy, they always find time for celebration for their successes and for some fun!
The Ideal Candidate will have experience with Product Management, Product Development, and Analysis. They will need to bring superior attention to detail, excellent communication skills, relationship building skills, as well as, a good knowledge of window and door products and/or manufacturing or construction.
- Determine customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information; develop product sales strategies;
- Act as the voice of the customer in the organization;
- Bring new glass products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules;
- Analysis and development of key content to educate field on competitive products, pricing and value proposition;
- Actively support sales teams in competitive situations;
- Working with customers, along with sales and service teams; identify key business use cases, drive enhancements and requirements into the product development process;
- Define the product portfolio strategy, road map and execute on the playbook;
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities;
- Help guide sales tools and collateral;
- Prepare short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses;
- Working with the Director, determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Market research and analysis is completed with market reach scaling to a minimum of 2 markets in the builder channel; recognizing a pilot project is currently underway.
- You will have a great understanding of the market potential and an operational plan created to substantiate on this.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of All Weather Windows and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- University degree in Business, Marketing or a related field;
- 3+ years’ experience in Product Management;
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority;
- Proven ability to prepare product marketing proposals with a blend of focused research, strategy and creativity;
- Proven ability to understand the customer through various means including but not limited to sales team collaboration, market research, customer listening activities;
- Building materials background would be an asset;
- Prior knowledge of the glass industry would be an asset;
- CET, ENG or comparable background would be considered an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail, working independently;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Good computer skill set with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Ability to offer ideas and create solutions proactively.
- Must be comfortable in an environment of constant change to support and plan for explosive growth
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with effective influencing skills
- Able to see the bigger strategic picture while being able to roll up your sleeves to operate at a tactical level as needed
- Must have the confidence supported by the knowledge to push against the norm with new ideas, processes or concepts to better the business
- Someone who is detail oriented
- A strong communicator that expresses concepts clearly and effectively
- A strong business acumen with the understanding of all areas of business
- Someone who has GRIT and will push through challenges with perseverance excited to see the benefits of their hard work and commitment
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join All Weather Windows in the role of the Marketing Product Manager – Glass, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # AYWJ-421047.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent, please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *