ProFound Talent Inc. emerged from a dream and a belief by its Founder, Terri Davis, that we only have one life to live; and we need to live it with purpose and passion. With a desire to become an entrepreneur and with the dream to help organizations and individuals become more than they believed they could be, she left a stable career as a Partner at a national executive search firm to bring extraordinary talent management solutions to the market.
The ProFound story began in 2013 after a meeting with an executive. This executive questioned why search firms in Canada did not specialize in sport? This intrigued Terri to conduct further research to understand why the need for the specialization. Upon numerous conversations with executives in all industries, it was apparent that they did not require specialization, but they did want to be special. They wanted to be heard, they wanted a customized process unique to their needs and they wanted a quality result the first time! With industry and business becoming increasingly competitive, they were looking for ways to increase their competitive advantage through their people – their corporate talent.
With this in mind, Terri started her new venture in September 2016 to bring PROFOUND Talent Inc. to all organizations looking to elevate their game through their people. To accomplish this, she believed it equally important to work with individuals in identifying their passion, career vision and skill to give them the best opportunity to be extraordinary in their careers. ProFound Talent offers executive and professional level recruitment to businesses; career coaching and transition services to individuals.
Terri is a dreamer and a builder; so why stop there? Terri has continued to build on the ProFound concept serving the market in a disruptive manner that brings value, innovation and new concepts to our business customers and to the everyday person who needs more for their life and career. We are doing this through our “Attraction” strategy that helps businesses and consumers attract into their lives through our headhunting, coaching, marketing, video production and learning. The concept of ProFound Attraction was created to attract talent, customers, revenue and learning through ProFound Talent, ProFound Productions and ProFound TV.
For more information on ProFound Talent, ProFound Productions and ProFound TV, please visit the following websites:
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small”
– Richard Branson
ProFound Talent is a 3-year-old business with BIG DREAMS and aspirations! We are continuing to expand, diversify and disrupt our industry by listening to our clients and providing them with the forward-thinking solutions they desire. The opportunity for you is to be a part of this! Why wouldn’t you want to join a growing business that offers an entrepreneurial spirit, opportunity to be innovative and to be included in creating the vision?
As a Recruiter on our team, you will be at the forefront of the customer experience. You will start by learning our business and being mentored to provide the quality and profound experience that our clients deserve and expect. You will learn full cycle recruitment including identifying opportunities, developing the business, understanding the client’s project needs, writing search profiles, developing a sourcing strategy, researching the talent market, making headhunting (sourcing) calls, interviewing, understanding behavioral assessments, the art of negotiating, reference checking and most importantly communication.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in full cycle recruitment with experience in agency recruitment being preferred. Individuals with minimal recruiting experience will be considered if you have a positive, persevering, desire to learn, and “can do” attitude! Whomever joins our organization must understand that we are an entrepreneurial organization where no job is beneath us. We flex to do what needs to get done and we have fun doing it! And in turn, we offer you flexibility in working hours to be the master of your domain.
Recruitment Project Management (80%)
- Full cycle recruitment project management from client needs assessment meeting until close of the search project;
- Attend client meetings and search kick offs to understand the search requirements;
- Translate client and candidate information into well written communication to support the search project;
- Responsible for making headhunting/sourcing and reference phone calls that require internal motivation, the ability to “cold call” and no fear of a phone conversation;
- Interviewing candidates as part of the selection process identifying skill and personal attributes that support the search requirements;
- Present candidates to the client in a formal long list meeting;
- Arrange all client/candidate interviews requiring excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Attend client interviews to facilitate them;
- Follow up communication with both clients and candidates as to the status of the search and their candidacy;
- Conduct formal reference checks and manage the background check process;
- Assist in the negotiation of the employment offer;
- Close out the search and all candidate applications.
Business Development (20%)
- Attend networking events to build presence and brand visibility for ProFound Talent;
- Identify new career opportunities by staying attuned to the market through conversations with clients, candidates and in watching job boards;
- Build on existing client relationships staying connected for top of mind presence;
- Drive new business through cold calling introductions when required;
- Work with Chief Brand Officer to identify innovative ways to reach and maintain our target customer.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Learn the business with focus on quality results and a high level of communication that results in repeat customers and returning candidates;
- Support the organization in achieving 50% + in recruitment revenue growth;
- Uses the CRM (customer relationship management) system to its full capacity inputting accurate and detailed information;
- Accountable to your word, reliable and a self starter that communicates regularly to build trust in the relationship.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of ProFound Talent and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business or a related field is ideal;
- A PMP (Project Management Professional) designation would be valuable but not necessary.
- 2-5 years of experience in working as a Recruiter or Recruitment Assistant with the ideal candidate having external agency experience;
- Experience in full cycle recruitment would be ideal;
- A sales background with experience in new business development and/or client relationship management would be considered an asset;
- An extrovert who enjoys building relationships through one on one communication, can pick up the phone for a conversation and enjoys “old school” communication styles;
- A high level of curiosity with the genuine desire to ask questions and to learn about business and people;
- Exceptional communication skills of both the written and verbal word are mandatory;
- Needs to be resourceful; will research and dig for information when it is not readily available;
- Can multi-task by using systematic project management skills ensuring balls are not dropped;
- Incredibly organized with the ability to work diligently while retaining information and insight into a variety of projects;
- Is intuitive in conversations understanding what is not being said with the ability to bring it forward;
- Strong business acumen and knowledge with experience in being a trusted advisor for organizations;
- Experience or a desire to operate in a start-up, entrepreneurial operation where policies, processes, and plans are limited; yet innovation and excitement are prominent;
- Put the ProFound Talent values including customer experience and quality first; knowing that revenue will be the result of their great experience;
- Live the value of accountability to our customers, our colleagues and our self; without accountability to our word, we have nothing – you do what you say.
- Technological aptitude with experience in the full Microsoft Suite of products and CRM software systems.
- Must be able to work well under pressure;
- A self starter that is highly motivated and driven to succeed;
- Above average communication skills including written and verbal;
- Must be able to wear multiple hats and be comfortable balancing several projects at one time;
- Organized to a fault;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Positive, “can-do” attitude;
- Always willing to learn; not above learning new concepts and ideas;
- Innovative and a disruptor in market; not afraid to take calculated risks and break through the glass ceiling;
- A strong communicator that keeps customers, leadership and colleagues informed;
- Walks the talk, accountable to your word;
- Likes to have fun, laugh and share in the tough times and the successful moments;
- Has GRIT; never lets an obstacle stop you from achieving what is desired;
- A team player.
Hours of Operation
ProFound Talent operates a flexible working environment with the belief that we collaborate during the hours of Monday – Friday, 9 am – 3 pm at our office where we are highly focused on our external activities with our clients and candidates. Recognizing that people have families, children and simply work better at different hours, the remaining hours of our 40-hour work week are flexible allowing you to operate from home.
It is our desire that this promotes great work life balance and the ability for all to be employed while still having time for your family, children and personal life in the evenings. As we operate on a flexible work environment, there are times you will be required to attend work functions, client meetings or put in hours outside of a standard 40-hour work week. We provide flexibility and expect that it is given in return. As this is a professional level salaried role, overtime hours are not provided.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join ProFound Talent Inc. in the role of the Professional Recruiter, please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# AQWV-155471.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *