SALES & MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
Our client, BBE, also known as BBE Expediting Ltd. has been providing expediting, supply chain logistics (3PL), project staffing, and cargo handling services domestically and around the world for over 40 years. Built and perfected on experience developed during four decades in the Canadian Arctic, BBE is recognized as one of the leading suppliers of remote project logistics expertise across North America and around the world.
Operating on a 24/7/365 basis for their customers, they pride themselves on unparalleled customer service – every time! Whether a project requires expedited shipments, multi-modal transport or project site personnel, BBE engages the diverse knowledge and expertise of their team augmented by one of the most innovative logistics systems in the business to ensure they meet their client and project success.
Logistics isn’t for everyone. It’s high pressure, time sensitive, very competitive, subject to environmental challenges, geographic realities and it’s round the clock 365 days of action.
So why do they do it? Because through all that, providing successful logistical solutions brings out the best in them. They are success junkies, problem solvers, worriers, techies, result measurers, team players and status quo challengers. While it may seem like a scary mix, when they focus on a client in need, magic happens and that is why they do what they do.
How do they do it? Their ability to provide client-specific logistics solutions in remote Arctic conditions laid the foundation for the company’s competitive advantage in the global marketplace today. In addition to their strong and unique network of operating bases in the Arctic, they also have facilities in three provinces enabling their team to support their client needs throughout North America and Internationally. Their corporate commitment to ‘out-of-the-box thinking’ sets them apart in the logistics industry. In this era of global connections, BBE utilizes the knowledge and expertise of their team and advanced systems to source, transport, manage, and track shipments nationally and internationally; whatever the project and wherever the location.
For more information on our client and to consider joining this dynamic organization, BBE Expediting, please review their website at www.bbex.com.
BBE is currently recruiting for a Sales & Marketing Representative to be situated at their headquarters at the Edmonton International Airport in Alberta. The Sales & Marketing Representative will be responsible for the overall branding and presence of BBE in the market. This will be achieved through three core functional areas including marketing (50%), outside sales and customer relationship management (40%) and leading the bid management process (10%). The focus of this role will be to ensure that the company’s business development and sales activities run effectively and efficiently. In addition, the successful candidate will collaborate with the senior leadership team on corporate strategy, and business planning; along with the position involving the collection of business intelligence, project management, customer relationship management, business innovation, marketing, sales performance management and the preparation of commercial bids.
As the Sales & Marketing Representative, you will directly report into the Vice President, Business Development who is situated in Inuvik, NWT.
Marketing & Branding (50%)
- Develop and support the BBE marketing strategy
- Identify branding opportunities to bring BBE into a more recognized position in market including overall image, facilities and with all personnel
- Lead the digital marketing strategy including websites and social media strategies
- Review marketing strategy outcomes by measuring utilization and conversion rates with digital and print media
- Plan strategies for industry tradeshows and events
- Synchronize marketing with the sales strategies
Sales & Customer Relationship Management (40%)
- Build and execute on sales strategies for market penetration
- Sell the overall company services including supply chain, freight forwarding, procurement services, BBE’s exclusively branded line of lubricants, and air cargo
- Develop strong customer relations with intent to gain customer intelligence on their needs, customer retention and to increase sales
- Approximately 60% of your sales activity will be focused on customer relationships; satisfaction and value optimization
- Approximately 40% of your sales activity will be directed to new business development and developing new customers
- Build a strong culture of customer relations within the organization
- Most sales activity will occur in the Alberta region; however, opportunity may arise to support the organization’s eastern colleagues and/or with customers outside of Alberta
- Travel approximately 25%
RFP & Bid Management (10%)
- Oversee and have full accountability for the RFP and bid process
- Monitor tender opportunities; electronic, public and private postings
- Manage the tender process including contract and tender preparation in collaboration, as needed, with the senior leadership team including managing the technical and commercial terms
- Enlist others as required to support the bid process and to gather information as needed to create a high-performance bid package
- Responsible for the overall communication within the bid package ensuring all grammar, spelling and communication at a level of sophistication for professional representation
- Collaboration with operational managers in respect to capacity, opportunity, and contract performance results for both sales and bid management purposes
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- You will have managed large bids independently with the ideal outcome being bid success
- The brand presence in the market is strong as measured by tracking the “calls to action” that come from the brand, digital and marketing strategy
- Create standard operating procedures for social media presence and manage the social media platforms
- Web presence optimized in search visitation, transactions and analytics
- Growth of existing and new customer business
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of BBE Group and in supporting the success of the growth of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal characteristics:
- A degree or diploma in business from a recognized post-secondary institution would be preferred
- 7+ years operating in a sales and marketing function within a commercial business
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the logistics and/or supply chain industry; with candidates being considered outside of this industry providing you have an attitude and aptitude to learn
- You will have a strong background in marketing and bid management with the ability to translate this skill into seeing the bigger picture; taking it to market through execution in customer relationships and management
- Must enjoy client relations and be open to business development through marketing and an outside sales strategy
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees, leaders, and external partners.
- Ability to deal professionally with all levels in an organization
- Ability to influence the team, customers and leadership with new ideas and innovations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Has a strong grasp on business ethics and integrity in the workplace.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make impartial decisions without having all of the information.
- Ability to deal with and lead change initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal.
- Self motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Innovative with the ability to “think out of the box” keeping abreast of market trends
- A collaborator that engages peers, leadership and customers
- Excels in communication skills with exceptional listening, can communicate clearly their thoughts and expectations and pays close attention to the details with written communication
- Is flexible and able to adapt to change and engage in new processes and technology
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Is accountable and “walks the talk”
- Professional in image and demeanor
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Edmonton International Airport, Alberta
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join BBE in the role of the Sales & Marketing Representative, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # AGSU- 637261.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *