Job ID 3538
Our client, Kicking Horse Coffee Co. Ltd., has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work for multiple years. Founded and nestled in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains, the scenic valley of Invermere, British Columbia, Kicking Horse Coffee prides themselves in being a fast-growing company, with a “kick-ass” culture that currently employs over 110 people in a 66,000-square foot roasting and packing facility. Their company culture is to work hard and to have fun. Their question to the world is, “How will you wake up and kick ass with us?”
As Canada’s #1 leader in selling whole bean organic coffee for nearly 25 years; they are experiencing gains in premium and natural markets keeping their brand sophisticated and versatile, yet accessible and approachable. All their coffee is 100% Organic and Fairtrade, roasted right in the Canadian Rocky Mountains smack dab in the middle of nowhere. It’s part of how they wake up the world. Kicking Horse Coffee is now owned by Lavazza, an Italian Global coffee manufacturer operated by third and fourth generations of the Lavazza family.
With a reputation renowned for their superior, consistent taste and respected for their relentless commitment to good and sustainable practices; for example their Kick Ass blend was named Canada’s Fairtrade Product of the Year in 2016. Kicking Horse Coffee customers are loyal, fervent and demand goodness in every cup for it’s all deep, dark, and delicious, roasted coffee products.
Employees of Kicking Horse Coffee live the core values, referred to as Spirit, in every aspect of their operation. Their values are their roadmap for decision making and their guidebook for behaviour. They are their mantra; its why they wake up and kick ass everyday.
Awake – Stay curious, learn, learn, learn. Know that the world impacts our story, and that our story impacts the world. To be awake is to consider everyone in our story.
Courageous – Be bold. Speak up. Have confidence to be the best. Never settle for less. Contribute to a culture of inquiry. Ask questions. To be courageous is to lead with the heart, to the core.
Intentional – Everything with a plan. Keep thinking, improving. Anticipate next steps and actions. Examine and curate every part of experience. Make thoughtful decisions: that’s how we get good – even great. Our story is the product of a thousand small gestures. Do every little thing with good intention.
Sophisticated – refined, yet welcoming. Dignity strengthened with humbleness. Distinguished yet approachable. Strength, with grace. Seek simplicity. Scorn mediocrity. Source the best. Intention with sophistication creates outstanding experiences.
Love – passion beyond ourselves. Seeking connection. A whole-hearted presence. A celebration of life.
Living in Invermere, British Columbia – The Columbia Valley
Known as “The Valley of a Thousand Peaks”, the Columbia Valley is located between the Rocky Mountains and the Purcell Mountain Range in British Columbia’s Kootenay-Rockies region and is on Mountain Time
- Population of over 9,000 permanent and 20,000 seasonal residents.
- Canadian Rockies International Airport within 1.5-hour drive (140 km).
Lifestyle & Recreation:
- Natural and recreational attractions including Kootenay National Park, Lakes Windermere and Columbia, the Purcell and Rocky Mountain ranges, the mighty Columbia River, and the largest continuous wetlands in North America.
- Unlimited year-round outdoor recreation including Nordic and downhill skiing, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, canoeing, hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, mountaineering, white-water rafting, snowmobiling, and bird watching.
- Lake Windermere Whiteway – a 35 km groomed track that is a paradise for skaters and skiers and creates a recreation area used by anglers, curling bonspiels, hockey tournaments and more.
- Championship golfing with 15 courses located within the region.
- Check out these links for a peek at summer and winter activities:
Education & Health Care:
Post-secondary education is available through College of the Rockies; excellent pre-schools and public schools serve all communities. Accessible health care with Invermere & District Hospital serving the Columbia Valley and family doctors available for new residents.
For more information visit:
- Columbia Valley, BC – Imagine Kootenay – Imagine Kootenay
- Visit Kicking Horse Coffee – kickinghorsecoffee.com
As the Systems Administrator you will report to the IT Manager and be a key member of the Information Technology team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for monitoring and maintaining all computer systems as well as the network. In the words of Kicking Horse Coffee, you are “an IT wizard with a thousand gigs of RAM and a ‘hell yeah’ attitude to back it up”.
You are an individual that is driven to look at each challenge that comes to light as an opportunity; you have a proven ability to bring and implement best-in-class IT practices and are always asking the question “is there a better way?”. You will ensure that operations allow customers and employees to communicate with each other, coordinate their actions and take care of essential tasks. You will assist new users getting started, support team members with daily operations, and look for threats or errors on the network exuding wisdom, patience, and curiosity. You have the passion and patience to coach others, and you prioritize tasks and resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
You are an individual that cherishes a lifestyle of outdoor living and all that a mountain community can offer. You view this as your opportunity to bring your lifestyle together with your career where you are blessed to live in the Columbia Valley, BC – Kootenay region with breath-taking scenery and an amazing community. You are excited to enjoy outdoor year-round sporting and recreational activities and adventures; or possibly, a day of self relaxing where you look forward to mingling with other community members enjoying the local restaurants, such as the Kicking Horse Café, slated to re-open in mid 2022.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and operation of computer systems, phone systems, and network servers including virtualization and cloud servers.
- Administration and support of the internal network including infrastructure expansion and upgrade projects.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Oversee the maintenance of User Accounts, Active Directory, GPO settings to achieve standardization and security policies.
- Manage and ensure compliance with software licenses in-house and with 3rd party services.
- Manage regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead activities and support the team on desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Assist with the implementation of new business applications and data integrations throughout the company.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build solid, trusting, respectful relationships within the team and among departments to align on attaining long term goals.
- Review the organization’s business continuity and risk management plan to ensure it is current and on track to achieving objectives and meeting targets.
- Be an advocate of continuous improvement, bringing forth innovation and efficiencies in systems operations to take productivity to the next level.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the company and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience, and attributes:
- Minimum 2-year Computer/Network Support related Diploma from an accredited school,
or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications are an asset.
- Demonstrated excellence with client-service and customer service skills.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a database, network, or system administrator role.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols (8+ years an asset).
Competencies and Knowledge
- Proficient in implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices.
- Expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Proficient in current and emerging software and hardware applications and always eager to learn more.
- A skillful IT Generalist with a high level of competency in network administration, desktop application, security administration, and back up administration – basically you know a little bit about everything.
- Familiarity with SQL Server administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the company’s energized and fast paced environment – basically you are a chameleon when it comes to change.
- Proficient in supporting and managing Office 365.
- Highly competent in utilizing VPN, standard DNS and DHCP as part of a network structure.
- Familiarity with SAP to manage business operations and customer relations.
- Passionate about client service.
- Must be a good team player and work well with others.
- Genuine, caring attitude with a positive outlook – you’re a glass-half-full kind of person.
- Exceptional verbal, written and communications skills.
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions with presence, maturity, and professionalism.
- Highly organized with solid project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, improvise and remain calm, with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail; high standards for quality – in other words you annihilate mediocrity.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Desire to work and contribute within a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Experience with Veeam data protection software an asset.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of the company.
- Relationship builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to influence others and gain consensus. People like working with you!
- Analytical and agile in a dynamic environment.
- Superior strategic savvy combined with a willingness to be hands-on and in the midst of the action.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills, including a strong working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail; high standards for quality; and excellent time management.
- Commitment to personal growth and development.
- A passion for an active and healthy mountain lifestyle.
- Willing and able to work out of Kicking Horse Coffee headquarters in Invermere, British Columbia.
- Confident with unquestioned personal and professional integrity.
- Highly accountable.
- Able to respond and pivot quickly to new initiatives and business needs.
- Enjoys change and leading others through it.
- Respectful of others.
- Positive attitude and energy.
- Leads by example.
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Critical thinker with problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and without supervision.
- A positive attitude when faced with adversarial situations.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
Invermere, British Columbia, Canada. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Invermere by summer 2022 or sooner.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join Kicking Horse Coffee in the role of the Systems Administrator please email your resume to DreamBig@profoundtalent.com referencing Position ID# AXRF-328864.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Stacey Laing at 587-200-0114 ext. 104.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit:
YouTube: ProFound Talent Inc.
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *