WAREHOUSE MANAGER, SASKATOON
Cannabis legalization may seem revolutionary to some, but for our client, Cannica Wholesale, the herb is simply one of thousands of plant species on earth that nurtures our bodies and minds. From the expert leadership behind their brand to the folks you will see proudly working in their stores, their team is serious about delivering an inclusive and trustworthy experience.
Cannica Wholesale commencing its operations in the summer of 2018, with head office establishment in Edmonton, Alberta, went from hiring an executive to approximately 100 staff across the Country in preparation for their launch as one of Canada’s premiere cannabis retailers. With expectation to launch approximately 20 retail stores on October 17, 2018, with the Canadian legalization of cannabis; Cannica Wholesale continue with their planning for further growth to meet expected demand. Providing over 200 different types of cannabis and over 200 different types of accessories to support it, Cannica Wholesale is revolutionary in their go to market strategy. With an “Apple” store retail prototype, they operate with highly trained Specialists to answer and educate individuals on the productive use of cannabis and their accessories.
To learn more information about Cannica Wholesale and the exciting opportunities that await, visit www.cannicawholesale.com.
The Warehouse Manager will be situated in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and will be employed by Cannica Wholesale Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fire & Flower. The successful candidate will report into the Vice President, Head Merchant within Cannica Wholesale, located in head office, Edmonton Alberta. The Saskatoon warehouse will be responsible for distributing cannabis within the province of Saskatchewan to Fire & Flower retail locations, to wholesale locations and to Saskatchewan consumers who purchase on-line. In addition, this warehouse location will be the main distribution centre for all accessory products across Canada supporting Fire & Flower retailers, wholesale locations and on-line consumers. This individual upon start will be responsible for leading a team of 5 staff and in setting up a 20,000 square foot warehouse including racking, receiving, inventory placement, inventory management and tracking and implementing a new warehouse management system, Microsoft Dynamix. This is a busy time for the operation as they prepare for legalization and distribution on October 17, 2018. The successful candidate must be prepared to work as needed with the potential for extended hours in preparation for the launch date. As this is a leadership role, overtime is not provided, with the ideal person recognizing the opportunity to join a leader in industry with career and financial growth being recognized as the business cultivates.
- Oversee the warehouse and distribution day to day operations;
- Hire, train, manage and mentor the warehouse team to be effective and efficient in their specific roles;
- Receive product ensuring company compliance and standards are met in the safe and secure storage of it;
- Control and manage the inventory including accuracy in managing inventory levels within the warehouse management system;
- Ensure inventory turns are precise based on FIFO (first in, first out) managing the expiry dates and storage requirements for highly secure and controlled products;
- Communicate and work with the drivers and carrier, Canada Post, to ensure timely and accurate distribution; and evaluate new vendors if needed ensuring next day delivery is being upheld;
- Inspect and proactively maintain all equipment that is used within the warehouse to ensure efficient operations with limited downtime;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment following Health, Safety and Environmental standards and regulations;
- Enforce all company rules, policies and standards;
- Ensure a high degree of detail, accuracy and focus on all tasks;
- Manage the distribution centre to manage all customer service requirements and requests to provide a high level of service; resolve any issues quickly and efficiently.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Set up an effective and efficient warehouse operation that includes inventory placement, optimal inventory management, distribution that meets customer service key performance indicators and developing a team that is effective to meet high demands.
- Stay engaged in a fast-paced environment where uncertainty exists, and change is the norm.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic and operational objectives of Cannica Wholesale and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience and core competencies:
- A high school diploma is required with a bachelor’s degree in Logistics Management being preferred;
- A supply chain professional designation and/or a master’s degree would be considered an asset;
- A minimum of 10 years working within a warehouse operation with at least 5 years at a leadership level is required;
- A track record of success in hiring and leading successful teams;
- Extensive knowledge in effective distribution practices with a track record of success in leading warehouse operations with key performance metrics being achieved;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to be creative in identifying solutions;
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to engage and motivate staff to be highly effective members of the team;
- Highly experienced in working with Enterprise Resource Planning/Warehouse Management Systems to efficiently manage a warehouse, with the ideal candidate being familiar with Microsoft Dynamix;
- A quality assurance background would be an asset.
- An analytical approach to business with a strong understanding of logistics and warehousing;
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Effective team management.
A competitive compensation will be provided to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Cannica Wholesale in the role of Warehouse Manager, Saskatoon, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID ARKM-150840. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri