Director, Marketing & Communications
The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce is one of the longest running and most influential business organizations in Canada. It is part of a robust business community that extends regionally, provincially, nationally, and around the globe within the Chamber and World Trade Centre Networks. For almost 130 years, they have contributed to ambitious, foundational projects that have helped build Edmonton into the city it is today. Their track record of success has made them the sought‐after voice of business in Edmonton. The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce has over 2,200 members, who employ more than 100,000 people, represent small, medium and large businesses, and every sector of the economy… from heavy industry and manufacturing to retail and non‐profit organizations.
Our valued client believes that a healthy, stable, and predictable business ecosystem in any community is good for business owners and good for all. As the economy thrives and wealth creation takes place, entrepreneurs who take business innovation risks, corporations who act as cornerstones of the business community, and providers of goods and services contribute to community development in large and small ways. It is often successful businesses that become a community’s most generous volunteers, philanthropists and advocates for social innovation.
The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce provides an exceptional experience for members and helps bolster Edmonton’s business environment. We provide insights on issues, deliver professional development and networking for businesses, and advocate for conditions that keep businesses competitive.
To be a relevant and contemporary Chamber of Commerce demonstrating value and leadership as we support business success in Edmonton.
Work to create a thriving environment for Edmonton businesses through advocacy to policy makers.
Anticipate and respond to the changing needs of Edmonton’s business community, providing our members with the services and experiences they want and need.
Commit to the highest standards of organizational excellence in order to demonstrate the Chamber’s leadership and to ensure the Chamber remains strong and sustainable.
For further information on our client, The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, please visit their website at www.edmontonchamber.com.
As a member of the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce’s Senior Leadership Team, the Director, Marketing and Communications provides strategic and operational leadership to the Chamber’s Communication Services Team, the Events Team, and Sponsorship and Partnership activities.
Reporting to this position are the five individuals who comprise the Communications Services Team, the Events Team, and the Sponsorship and Partnership lead.
- Active participation in strategic and operational leadership of the Chamber, with an emphasis on external communications to its members and the business community at large, as well as developing the strategic direction and operational plans for the Chamber’s events and its Sponsorship and Partnership relationships
- Work with other internal operating groups to accomplish the goals set out in the Operational Plan, and coordinate priorities, including personnel and other resources, on a day to day basis
- Day to day direction and coordination of the Communications Coordinators to ensure consistency of messaging, attention to detail, and timely completion of projects from various internal user groups
- Responsible for the website maintenance, updates and migrations
- Monitor and direct digital communications activity, and develop a communications plan to best integrate all media channels to deliver Chamber messaging
- Direct the Events team in planning and executing on specific events, and in exploring and developing potential new event ideas
- Assist with ongoing Sponsorship and Partnership relationships, and develop a long-term strategy for Sponsors and Partnerships
FIRST YEAR MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Preparation of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan that will guide the Chamber for the oncoming three years – including goals, measurables, timelines and costs.
- Assemble a team of ‘up and coming’ communications professionals and get them operational and productive in the near term.
- Full participation in the design and implementation of ChamberMaster, a new technology for that will encompass the CRM, website and a new mobile application.
- Participation in a new tiered approach to membership engagement that becomes a reality for the Chamber with the implementation of ChamberMaster.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and core competencies:
- A University undergraduate degree, preferably with a specialization in communications, public relations, and/or marketing
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) would be considered an asset
- 7 + years of experience in a marketing and/or communications role
- 3+ years of experience at a leadership level having managed strategy, operational plans and people
- Experience working in a membership driven organization would be considered an asset
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and collaboratively
- Excellent writing, editing, and proof‐reading skills
- Effective time management skills, a keen eye for detail, and solid organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with ease
- Knowledge of current and emerging digital communications strategies
- Ability to design and implement communications tools using current and emerging digital technologies
- Ability to track and measure marketing results through analytics translating this into membership value and return on investment
- Proven track record of success in operationalizing marketing, communications and event strategies
- Ability to use creative but pragmatic approaches to decision making and problem solving
- Demonstrates discretion and good judgment when working with member information
- Strategic thinker
- Visionary leader
- Innovative and creative
- Forward thinking
- Pragmatic decision maker
- Expert problem solver
- Organized and detail focused
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Values driven
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join The Edmonton Chamber of Commerce in the role of the Director, Marketing & Communications please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # AQHV-707728.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 587-200-0114 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *