Distribution Warehouse Manager – Red Deer
Our client is a national distributor of consumer products and is looking to bring amazing talent into their Red Deer Distribution centre to assist with their continued growth plans across the Country. This position is considered a senior leadership role in their organization. More detail being shared to those candidates aligning and having interest in the role; while being interested in relocating to Red Deer.
The Distribution Warehouse Manager will report to the Vice President, Distribution and will be responsible for managing all distribution for Canada. This position is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of the Red Deer Distribution Centre; leading and developing the warehouse team, planning and executing for operational efficiencies, meeting all key performance metrics ensuring product is moved effectively with the team being engaged and productive. This distribution centre is fast-paced and growing at a steady rate.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse Distribution Centre, including: freight, returns, receiving, parcels, shipping, cross-docking, and purchasing for warehouse specific materials and requirements.
- Oversight and management of day to day workflow through coordination of the distribution activities to meet distribution and customer requirements.
- Hire, train and mentor Supervisors while coaching them to be effective leaders for their distribution and warehouse staff.
- Lead through example by adhering to and promoting company procedures and policies, including developing and maintaining a highly accountable and trusting work environment.
- Manage the daily plan to exceed expectations for productivity and accuracy.
- Performance management of staff through goal setting, motivation, monitoring and feedback on KPI’s and any behavioral issues.
- Encourage the professional development of subordinates by establishing goals, motivating, monitoring, and providing guidance on individual employee performance.
- Facilitate implementation of employee engagement initiatives across the team, to drive higher levels of employee engagement for improved operational excellence.
- Analyze all customer requirements and maintain optimal level of quality for all distribution activities.
- Manage labour costs creating a cost-effective cost centre while meeting departmental objectives.
- Collaborate and develop effective relationships with internal departments and leadership to support the development and implementation of new processes, strategies, and plans for continual improvement.
- Ensure a collaborative environment where employees are engaged in continuous improvement and encouraged to share suggestions and feedback.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and protocols maintaining a clean and safe warehouse environment.
- Flexibility is required in this role as the Distribution Warehouse Manager is required to observe and be involved periodically with all shifts; day and night, and overtime weekend shifts as required.
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization, products and customer commitments.
- Strong leadership skills, strategic thinking, innovation and the ability to work independently are needed in this role.
- Must be able to lead and develop a team to reach the next level of service and productivity.
- The ability to discover and coach future leaders for the team.
- A forward-thinking individual is required that can predict and see solutions for problems 6-12 months into the future.
- Must meet daily delivery schedules and project demands.
- Be confident and comfortable with both oral and written communication to all members of the organization. As well as being comfortable “over-communicating” with your Vice President, Distribution.
- Must show excitement and be self-motivated as this position has a high level of accountability.
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Align the staff to their proper roles and responsibilities and providing them with a clear understanding of the expectations, accountabilities and key performance metrics.
- Cross – train all staff and empower them to be successful in their roles.
- Hold the team accountable to the standards and key performance metrics; particularly cost and productivity.
- Meet daily onetime delivery schedule with accuracy.
- Complete a Request for Proposal (RFP) with logistic carriers and all warehouse suppliers to bring departmental costs down.
Given the pivotal role this individual will be expected to play in achieving the strategic objectives of the department and in supporting the success of the organization, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience and personality profile: This individual needs to be forward thinking.
- A high school diploma is required with a University business degree or diploma being preferred;
- Professional certification in supply chain or logistics would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a leader within a fast-paced distribution centre.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating teams of 75+ staff.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting key performance indicators and holding the team accountable.
- To be a candidate for consideration you must have experience in distribution and the movement of product including receiving, warehousing, picking, packing, consolidating, shipping, cross – docking and the use of multiple carriers for transport.
- A strong orientation and knowledge of computers, technology, and warehouse management systems.
- A strong track record of success in maintaining safe and clean work environments.
- Confident, self-sufficient with unquestioned personal and professional integrity, with a reputation for ethical leadership.
- Strategic and forward thinking; with the ability to roll up your sleeves to operate at a tactical level.
- A leader capable of seeing “the big picture” while simultaneously, being able to keep a sharp eye on the day-today operations of the shipping and supply goals.
- Must be able to work independently being resourceful to find answers and solutions to problems.
- Has a passion for business, the numbers, forecasting and developing business plans for the department.
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of staff in a confident and engaging manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong team and organizational skills.
- Manages their teams in a respectful, fair and engaging manner.
- Health and safety focused.
- Is an advocate for the business, team, and brand.
A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate including base salary, bonus incentive, RRSP matching, health benefits, relocation package and vacation entitlement.
Red Deer, Alberta
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join our client in the role of the Distribution Warehouse Manager, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID: AKOQ-232843). For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted. *
Share this Post