HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER – EDMONTON ESKIMOS
The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club, considered one of the most successful franchises of the Canadian Football League (CFL), is a community owned professional football team. Founded in 1949, the team known for their Green and Gold colors, adopted from the University of Alberta, are 14-time Grey Cup Champions having won three in a row in the 50’s and five in a row in the 70’s and 80’s.
The Eskimos deliver a sports and entertainment experience worthy of champions with their unwavering commitment to integrity, accessibility, and passion. As a community-owned team, the Eskimo Football Club plays a very active role in the Edmonton and Northern Alberta communities determined to make a positive and meaningful impact. The Eskimo Football Club participates in many events through their “Telus Champions in the Community” brand and they are dedicated to developing and supporting amateur football within Northern Alberta.
The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club operates with the vision, mission, and values of:
For further information on the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club, please visit their website at www.esks.com.
The Human Resources Manager will report to the Vice President, Business Operations and is responsible for all human resources activity within the organizaton. The successful individual will be responsible for aligning human resources with the overall vision and strategy of the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club. This individual will be responsible for recruitment, updating and managing policies, employee relations, annual performance and business planning, group benefit plan management, payroll submissions, and new employee orientation. This position is a “hands on” management position and will be involved in all aspects of the role at both a leadership and administrative level.
- Initiate the development of updating the Club’s Human Resources strategy by identifying key issues and trends needing attention
- Works with Management in aligning the Club culture, staff expectations, and Human Resource processes and goals
- Works with senior management in the annual business planning and budget reporting as it relates to human resources, benefits and salary costs.
- Develops and maintains Club human resource policies
- Assists Management with recruiting
- Leads the development and implementation and enhancement of the annual process of employee performance planning and feedback to ensure completion
- Liaises with external and internal consultants as needed to ensure quality processes are in place for positive employee relations
- Maintains comprehensive personnel files
- Provides new employees with orientation information
- Responsible for Hourly and Game Day payroll submissions to Finance
- Administers the Club’s employee group benefit plans
- Responsible for tracking employee vacation, sick days and Earned Days Off
- Has occupational health and safety responsibility with the requirement to attend City of Edmonton monthly OH&S meetings
- Prepares reports to Management as required
- Performs other duties as required
This is a key role within the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club with the successful candidate possessing the following education and experience:
- Minimum of a college diploma with a major in Human Resources
- CHRP certification or working towards
- 2 – 5 years Human Resource experience in a generalist role
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Employment Standards
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees, managers, and external partners
- Knowledge-sharing, teamwork and collaborative approach
- Self-confidence with expertise and value that can be added; ability to translate into practical solutions and initiatives; proactive approach
- Ability to deal professionally with highly confidential information
- Ability to influence while maintaining support for Management and Corporate decisions making
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work some irregular hours and work schedules
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join the Edmonton Eskimo Football Club in the role of the Human Resources Manager, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # AOWV-585111.
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.
Share this Post