Kemway Builders Inc. has been operating within the Edmonton market since 1990. A leader within the construction industry and operating as a General Contractor, our client takes pride in being a design builder that focuses on sustainable construction. Traditionally, the business has operated in the markets of commercial, light industrial and tenant improvements. With aggressive growth plans and a desire to be a leader in lean and green construction, our client looks to its team for creativity and ingenuity in leading the way towards its growth goals.
Kemway has built its business based on recognizing that success is achieved when everyone works together as a team. With a reputation for integrity and quality, they have been in steady growth for the past two decades and have been recognized for this contribution by being the recipient of the 2015 and 2016 Contractor of the Year Award. They have built their business based on the values and culture of team work, collaboration, transparency, integrity, excellence, professionalism and delivering results. Maintaining this culture through its growth initiatives is at the forefront of the business.
For more information please visit www.kemway.com
The Project Manager role will join the Project Management team within Kemway and will report into the Chief Operating Officer. The core functions of this role will include the effective project management of secured work, accurate estimating of potential projects and a small component of business development through the relationships of existing clients. This is achieved through collaboration and teamwork with a diverse group of stakeholders. At Kemway the customer experience is paramount to success and with that, being on-time and on budget are critical. This position maintains excellent communication, relationships between all parties, adheres to organizational policies, and maintains a strong commitment to Kemway’s safety program. The Project Manager represents and promotes the company and its core values with honesty and integrity.
- Use estimate templates and ensure templates are kept up to date
- Perform budgeting of project leads as assigned
- Participate in site visits with Operations, Safety, and Business Development
- Create outline specifications for leads in collaboration with Business Development
- Use Kemway approved software to ensure quality of lead budgeting and management
- Lead project planning in collaboration with Operations and Safety teams
- Collaborate with operations to create construction schedule to accommodate contract changes
- Assist operations in revising schedule to accommodate contract changes
- Initiate Business Development discussions with relationships and network
- Review contract documents
- Monitor the project schedule, budget, design and quality control
- Collaborate with Business Development on client touch points
- Confirm quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, and issue subcontracts
- Request pricing and obtain approvals on contract changes
- Issue subcontract change orders
- Responsible for approving all project purchase requests and invoices
- Responsible for approving project labour and supervisory time allocation
- Participate in meetings
- Update operations team on project changes and costs
- Complete project close out in a timely manner
- Use Kemway approved software to ensure quality of project tracking and management
- Complete any other tasks or coordinate any other projects as required
FIRST YEAR – MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Strong cultural fit with the project management team and the organization as a whole; with the ideal candidate becoming the “unofficial” leader becoming the “go-to” person as you are seen as a great collaborator and partner to the business
- You are fully capable and competent with the Kemway ERP customized system (CorCon)
- You will effectively manage a project on a “stand-alone” basis by end of your first year
- The successful individual will have the ability to recognize Business Development opportunities
- A solid foundation of trust is developed in the first year
Given how critical this role is with Kemway Builders, this individual will be expected to contribute to achieving the strategic objectives of the organization and in leading the success of the Projects. it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience, and personal attributes:
- Post secondary education with a technical diploma or a bachelor’s degree would be ideal;
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be considered an asset and/or equivalent experience;
- Education or courses focused on commercial construction estimation would be valuable.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in commercial construction would be ideal;
- Project Management and estimating experience outside of commercial construction would be considered if relevant to the industry such as working for a sub-trade to this industry, having worked on institutional construction work, renovation construction and/or multi-family residential projects;
- A background in managing energy efficient and energy conversion projects would be attractive for this role;
- The ideal candidate would have spent some time in the field having worked their way into a Project Management and/or Estimating role while supplementing this experience with a certification or coursework;
- Leadership and supervisory skills would be an asset with the ideal candidate having a natural ability to demonstrate leadership qualities;
- Advanced computer skills
- A servant leadership style
- A continuous improvement mindset where you like to challenge the status quo
- The ability to think critically with excellence in problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- A team player that thinks “we” vs. “I” and takes pride in moving initiatives forward as a team;
- Cost management conscious
- A skilled negotiator
- Operates with high integrity, a strong work ethic and with care
- An individual who believes they “can” when others believe they “can’t” – will step up to the challenge to “happily deliver the perceived impossible”!
- Can be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment where diverse business requirements may occur.
An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
How to Apply
For the opportunity to join Kemway Builders Inc. in the role of the Project Manager, please email your resume to email@example.com referencing Position ID # AMQH-676428
Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Lisa Goddard at 587-200-0114 ext 102 or Terri Davis at ext. 101. For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit the following:
You Tube Username: ProFound Talent Inc.
Podcasts on iTunes: ProFound Talks with Terri
**Due to high volumes of applicants, please note that only candidates being considered for the role will be contacted. We thank all individuals for your interest and we look forward to considering your applications.**