REGIONAL MANAGER – SOUTHERN ALBERTA
Our client, Parkland Respiratory Care, an Alberta Company, is looking at expanding and improving its operation. They have proudly been servicing Albertans for thirty-four years; having commenced operation in 1983. The organization’s Founder is a Respiratory Therapist who is committed to providing a high standard of respiratory care to all Albertans in need. Her compassion for people and their health is what drives Parkland Respiratory Care in fulfilling on their vision to provide every client with an extraordinary experience in their care and service.
Working hand in hand with the medical community, Parkland Respiratory Care is committed to providing top quality home respiratory services with state of the art respiratory equipment. The team at Parkland Respiratory Care includes professional and experienced Respiratory Therapists, Medical Delivery Technicians, and friendly customer service staff. Parkland assesses, evaluates, and manages home respiratory needs in the areas of oxygen therapy, sleep therapy, asthma therapy and more.
Having started its first branch in Red Deer, Alberta; Parkland has continued to expand and grow its operations. In 1989, the business expanded into Calgary and Edmonton and it has continued to develop in the last ten years with expansion into Spruce Grove and Grande Prairie. Parkland Respiratory Care has built its business based on the values and culture of team work, integrity, professionalism and excellence in care and service for their patients. Maintaining this culture as they continue to expand is critical to the Parkland family.
For more information on Parkland Respiratory Care, please visit their website at www.parklandrespiratorycare.com.
The Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Parkland Respiratory has recognized the need to hire a Regional Manager, Southern Alberta that will lead and continue to expand the southern Alberta region. This region currently includes two branch locations located in Calgary and Red Deer. Parkland is focused on hiring a leader that has a proven record of accomplishment in managing multi-branch locations. This successful individual will demonstrate growth in sales and profitability while maintaining excellence in customer service. The Regional Manager, Southern Alberta will have full profit and loss responsibility for the region and will work with the CEO to create a strategy in increasing the business through market share expansion and new business initiatives. This individual will be the brand of Parkland Respiratory and will have responsibility for revenue growth, managing the daily business operations, leading a team of eight people (initially) and in ensuring that excellence in patient care is upheld. This individual will be an advocate for respiratory care and government relations initiatives within the medical community.
- Evaluates the current business operations within the southern Alberta region and implements best practice initiatives;
- Creates a strategic plan and identifies the growth areas and the areas of focus to achieve organizational expansion initiatives;
- Oversees all operations for the southern region including hiring, training and mentoring all staff members and providing leadership to the existing team by establishing best practices, processes and supporting the daily operations;
- Manages challenging situations with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Increases awareness of the Parkland brand and maintains patient advocacy, safety, and extraordinary client service;
- Upholds financial responsibility including budget and revenue reports;
- Develops key performance indicators that will aid in identifying areas of excellence and areas for operational improvement;
- Responsible for the full profit and loss of the southern region, including the Calgary and Red Deer branch locations.
- Full responsibility for all revenue generation for the region;
- Works with the CEO to create a revenue growth target;
- Develops a plan to execute and monitor the activity and results to budget;
- Increase brand awareness by attending networking events, community events, medical conferences and builds awareness within the medical community in the region;
- Creates a sales strategy to increase referrals based on excellence in service.
- Full responsibility for the profit and loss of the southern Alberta region;
- Develops a financial forecast for the region aligning it with the strategic plan;
- Develops the operational annual budget for the Southern region aligning it with the overall budget and plans for Parkland Respiratory;
- Monitors the financials monthly with a focus on reviewing actual results against budgeted results for the region; looking for discrepancies and areas for improvement to mitigate financial risk;
- Holds full responsibility and accountability for ensuring the region is profitable.
- Be an inspirational leader within the business creating an environment where staff are passionate towards their work and they work within Parkland’s culture, mission, and values;
- Empower the team to develop professionally and in personal growth;
- Maintains the key distinctions of integrity, authenticity, accountability and responsibility whereby all staff take pride in their words and fulfill on their promises;
- Creates a collaborative environment where all staff feel they can share, be open and can work together;
- Develops creative strategies and solutions to challenges;
- Mentors the team by providing them with the tools to be successful;
- Be a leader in the market and with existing customers holding the brand and integrity of the business in high regard;
- A leader in the market with a focus on continuing to build the brand and reputation in the community.
First Year Accountabilities
- Develops an understanding of the southern Alberta region including the team, the patients, the current processes, and the challenges faced to develop a strategy and best practice plan for the region;
- Creates a regional plan, in accordance with the goals and strategy of the business, to ensure the success and growth of the southern Alberta region;
- Generates new revenue and maintains existing revenue in accordance with the mutually agreed upon revenue targets;
- Reviews current processes to gain an understanding of where process improvements could be made to create more efficiencies and profitability in the business;
- Creates a highly-engaged team that takes pride in their role and their contribution to the business keeping patient care at the forefront of everything they do;
- Increases the brand of Parkland Respiratory in the medical community and with the general population in the region with the intent to increase market share;
- Ensures the southern Alberta region is meeting its targets and operating in a profitable state.
The successful candidate for the Regional Manager, Southern Alberta position will have the following education, experience, and behavioral competencies:
- Post secondary education is strongly preferred with the ideal candidate having a diploma or degree in Business;
- A Masters in Business Administration is preferred but not required;
- Education within the health profession would be considered with those individuals having demonstrated success within business;
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership experience in a multi-branch environment with responsibility for sales, operations, and profitability;
- A minimum requirement of 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity with experience in a related industry being ideal;
- Experience in managing the full profit and loss of a branch, region, or a division is essential;
- A proven record of accomplishment in growing a business through market share expansion and sales;
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in building strong teams, developing people and in creating vision within a team.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies and personal attributes:
- A strong business acumen;
- Financial aptitude;
- Is an inspiring leader;
- Is an advocate for the business, team, and patients;
- Is outgoing;
- Takes initiative;
- Has a positive outlook;
- Is collaborative;
- Has integrity;
- Enlists others in the vision;
- Empowers people to problem solve and take calculated risks;
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
A comprehensive compensation package will be provided to the successful candidate including base salary, incentives, benefit package and vehicle allowance.
Calgary, Alberta or Red Deer, Alberta
How To Apply
For the opportunity to join this amazing organization in the leadership role of Regional Manager, Southern Alberta, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Position ID # AJIY-680722. Should you have an inquiry regarding this position, please contact Terri Davis at 1-877-217-5551 ext. 101.
For further information on ProFound Talent Inc. please visit our website at www.profoundtalent.com.